Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new interior liners installed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've ordered during the first day it went on sale. Just got them delivered today.
It's really strange that there is a gap on left side of both front seats. I supposed is to clear the reclining mechanism of the driver seat, but they could have made a cut out to avoid that. As for the front passenger's seat, I have no clue why they left an opening.

BTW, the are made by weathertech.

IMG_20190820_201320.jpg IMG_20190820_201624.jpg IMG_20190820_201634.jpg IMG_20190820_202459.jpg IMG_20190820_202437.jpg IMG_20190820_201555.jpg

The gap between the rail and the mat has also been discussed here : New Tesla all weather floor mats?

Was thinking of getting these as well. After your post I am glad I didn't. They look good but I agree with the minor details being not thought out properly.
I instead ordered the Maxpider set and they are arriving tomorrow.

Can you post similar close up pictures of the Maxpider when you get them? I'm still undecided which one to get. One one hand, I find the texture of the Maxpider ugly, on the other hand, the Tesla one are more expensive and that dead peal coverage is scary. Wet boot (or snow on your boot) and water will fall under the mat?

The gap between the rail and the mat has also been discussed here : New Tesla all weather floor mats?

Can you post similar close up pictures of the Maxpider when you get them? I'm still undecided which one to get. One one hand, I find the texture of the Maxpider ugly, on the other hand, the Tesla one are more expensive and that dead peal coverage is scary. Wet boot (or snow on your boot) and water will fall under the mat?

The Tuxmat floor mat covers the whole length of the dead pedal.

That is the only one that does that, that is why this is the one I bought.

I am a big weathertech guy and was severely disappointed in the OEM mats they made that came from them with no lips. Now these are out and compared to the lip on the Maxpider set, these look terrible, Maxpider's fit and finish is unparalleled.

Just my opinion but Tuxmat look incredibly corny, Maxpider is the king of mats for the Model 3, IMO.

I've ordered during the first day it went on sale. Just got them delivered today.
It's really strange that there is a gap on left side of both front seats. I supposed is to clear the reclining mechanism of the driver seat, but they could have made a cut out to avoid that. As for the front passenger's seat, I have no clue why they left an opening.

Maxpiders have the same gap, the protruding part of the seat structure moves along with the seat it needs the clearance if you were to set the seat all the way back.

I am a big weathertech guy and was severely disappointed in the OEM mats they made that came from them with no lips. Now these are out and compared to the lip on the Maxpider set, these look terrible, Maxpider's fit and finish is unparalleled.

Just my opinion but Tuxmat look incredibly corny, Maxpider is the king of mats for the Model 3, IMO.
I like the tuxmat coverage but not the look of the material. I’m going to order the oem weathertec and maybe use those for everywhere except the drivers seat. That way I get the coverage I need, and when I look around Me I don’t have to see the ugly tuxmats!