Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new master plan...I just had an aha! moment.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Demonstrative of the genius at Tesla, SpaceX, Boring and I firmly believe resides with Elon's vision because of what he has said and done for so many years:

It's ALL tied together.

Think:
The Boring Co just stated they made their first tunnel for 1/100th of the cost of a subway. Look at how many problems they solved to disrupt what was otherwise a monopoly. Then look at how: Using SpaceX understanding of thermal limits, materials. Using batteries instead of cabling (Tesla). Using electricity to remove the rock, instead of diesel...Making the tunnel and the machine JUST SMALL ENOUGH...to fit in a BFR. This whole venture is about solving Mars.

But in the interim, once again, they are solving on Earth and using disruption to fund Mars. These tunnels...they are so cheap every city will want it. The access points designed to be highly flexible, small as a closet if needed. Multiple "on-ramps and off-ramps", where Tesla controls everything that is in it. Everything in it will be autonomous.

Autonomous on-ramp to off-ramp??? That's being released for autopilot NOW. That computing/software solution can be plug-n-play on whatever they have moving in the tunnels. Unlike surface divided highways, they not only control what is in there but won't have uncontrolled repairs, obstacles, lane paint changes, hazards and much greater control over regulations.

Something that solves gridlock, and 100% favors Tesla. Is tech that can support the Mars mission, and was developed with that in mind.

It's also the Dragon Module, the space suit...not designed like NASA would just for ISS missions...but designed with the intent that iterations will be used on Mars.

Nobody, NOBODY on Earth is this vertically integrated with this type of leadership, smarts, vision and execution. Master Plan indeed.

Other thoughts?

• Love
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I'm going to claim spotting the Boring Co===>Mars connection from the day he announced it (viz this very forum...somewhere....), but I'm glad you agree AND I hadn't at all considered your autonomous driving suggestion.

There's a medical piece needed.

Today, get in an elevator, descend to the tunnel, transit and the ascend in the elevator.

The grand plan is the same, except you ascend onto Mars. That's where you need the medical component to put you into hibernation for the trip.

Absolutely everything Elon works on across all his companies has an association to a mars colony.

Why has Elon focused so much on solar and battery, and not wind? Funny that Mars has little atmosphere, but no clouds...

Starlink? Yeah, it has applications here on Earth.. but how do you build a planet-wide communications network on Mars quickly?

Factory automation like never seen before? That's going to come in handy in an area with little human population.

Protection from radiation? That's going to be easy when you are living in underground habitats.