Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new normal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla changes their configurations & prices slightly every quarter just like other call manufacturers. At least there isn’t a middle man taking his cut like the dealerships . Everyone get over it

I completely agree with you! Changing prices and configurations is normal for manufacturers of almost everything.

However, please be aware, advising people to "get over it" isn't going to work, the bitchers and moaners love to bitch and moan. If they don't have anything to complain about then their own personal problems begin to dominate their thoughts. So, they bitch and moan about nothing. It's just a symptom of their unhappy lives and a way to deflect their thoughts from more troubling personal problems.

Honestly I LOVE the clear cut price down of Tesla ordering site. I pick and chose what I want knowing the exact price before I click purchase.
No other place will two people walk into the dealership and get the same price on the same day.

Now if we could only get them to more prominently show off the ACTUAL price, instead of putting it side-by-side with the "price after savings".

Wait...You admit they put the pricing information "side-by-side" with the "price after savings" but you need it to be more prominent?

Why are you so worried about that?

because human psychology.....

people not as educated about Tesla as we all are see those prices side-by-side, and get giddy about the lower number, and don't realize that it's considered an effective cost savings, factoring tax credits and fuel savings over time.

Instead of putting the potential effective cost of the car, they should put the FULL price of the car, and change the other number to "you could save up to...", because a lot of that "savings" is in the fine print around gas prices and how many miles you drive, etc.

So, yes, in effect, I'd like it if Tesla helped protect dumb people from themselves. Strictly from a shareholder/PR standpoint. ;)

But you already admitted they put the "actual cost" right next to the "cost with savings".

same size font and everything.

people are hard-wired to take the smaller number as the truth. maybe change the prominence or the wording.

I'm not the only one who's had this thought. I know you want to be "right", it's your thing, and it's why you were on ignore for the longest time, but I was feeling magnanimous recently.

Don't make me regret that.

same size font and everything.

people are hard-wired to take the smaller number as the truth. maybe change the prominence or the wording.

I'm not the only one who's had this thought. I know you want to be "right", it's your thing, and it's why you were on ignore for the longest time, but I was feeling magnanimous recently.

Don't make me regret that.

There's no "right" or "wrong" here, it's just a matter of opinion. I just don't think it's misleading when the "actual price" is listed right next to the "price with savings". You think it's misleading and that's your right to believe whatever you want.

Even if a complete idiot was fooled by the two prices, they couldn't complete the purchase without actually getting the right amount together and presenting it for purchase.

There's no "right" or "wrong" here, it's just a matter of opinion. I just don't think it's misleading when the "actual price" is listed right next to the "price with savings". You think it's misleading and that's your right to believe whatever you want.

Even if a complete idiot was fooled by the two prices, they couldn't complete the purchase without actually getting the right amount together and presenting it for purchase.

Just saying that I know what it is, but we live in a society where there are warning labels about ingesting shampoo. It could be a little clearer for those people.

Just saying that I know what it is, but we live in a society where there are warning labels about ingesting shampoo. It could be a little clearer for those people.

I just checked all the shampoo in the house. All they say is "for external use only". I fail to see how this has anything to do with letting the consumer know that electric vehicles have savings (including tax incentives) that no gasoline vehicles have.

I just checked all the shampoo in the house. All they say is "for external use only". I fail to see how this has anything to do with letting the consumer know that electric vehicles have savings (including tax incentives) that no gasoline vehicles have.

there you are....have to be right. can't just shrug it off and say ok. have to always have the last word.

and now you have.

goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.