Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new nose

Trev Page

Sep 21, 2012
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Looks like Franz got his way, Model X has a new nose.

I like it!

Expect Model S to get this new look in the not too distant future. I think the design cue came from Model 3 design studies and the X was the first to get it.

ChrisH

Jun 4, 2013
Milton, wa
Agreed. Why did they have to mess with it? The rest looks great. When you see the car coming it loses its impressive look with this front end.

If if that's the front end of the new Model S' and the 3 I won't be getting a three.

Jeva

BKINTME
Sep 1, 2015
Cincinnati OH
On first blush, I'm not a fan. However, it does make the front very distinctive and I'm sure it will grow on me as I see it more.

The first thing I thought of when I saw it was that they still had the car masked like the mules.

mrdoubleb

Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2013
Budapest, Hungary
Yeah, first I was not sure, but I think it was just the white color ad the fact "we got used to" the old design. In other colors it looks nice.

Remember how Tesla said they would slowly move away from the traditional ICE design. They did not want to create a weirdo car at first, but they need to move the needle a bit. The reason ICE cars have a nose-grill is to cool the engine. EVs don't need that, the S only imitated having one to make it look more conventional, less sci-fi.

Twiddler

Apr 19, 2012
DFW
Yeah, I am going to have to reserve judgement until I see it in person, but both my wife and I had the same initial reaction, and it was not a positive one. IMO, without a nosecone/grille, a vehicle looks like the EV1, which is a love-it or hate-it kind of thing. The Model X looks very EV1 to me.

ChrisH

Jun 4, 2013
Milton, wa
Not a fan at all. The S looks like a $100,000 car when it is coming at you. This production version of the X loses any aggressiveness/sportiness of the concept and that is not how I would want the front end of my car to look at all.

The rest looks great.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC

Dutchie

Jun 9, 2013
Canada
To be honest, when we saw the nose first, we thought it was super ugly. However, during the presentation it was less so as it grew on me. What a beautiful car!

ohmman

Plaid-ish Moderator
Feb 13, 2014
North Bay, CA
I can tell you that my source for the 60A charger rumor also told me there was a new front end, and that it would make its way to the MS. I don't think any of us would be surprised anyway to see this translate to MS body style 2.0. So I suggest we all get comfy with it.

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
For those that missed it:

nosecone.PNG

nosecone2.PNG

Ugly IMO. Much prefer the nose of the mules.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC