Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new nose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then you don't recognize merchandising, marketing and branding.
There's nothing superficial about the front end of the Model S. It's instantly recognizable to all other Tesla drivers.

But that's the problem - it is only recognizable to Tesla owners or potential owners.
To most other people including my wife, Tesla Model S nose cone does not look distinctive at all.
On the contrary, Model X new nose looks different and distinctive; whether you like it or not.

But that's the problem - it is only recognizable to Tesla owners or potential owners.
To most other people including my wife, Tesla Model S nose cone does not look distinctive at all.
On the contrary, Model X new nose looks different and distinctive; whether you like it or not.

This can be applied to anything in the world, it's about perception, observational skills, training the eye, being detailed orientated etc., etc., etc., You can not say because your wife doesn't believe the S nose cone is distinctive enough that that therefore means most other people feel the same way. We'd need to put most people to the test to come to that conclusion. We'd also have to do some preliminary testing to see where the people fall on the spectrum of those traits/skills that I listed and so on.

Simply put, if you're aware, possess the skills and are looking for it (whatever 'it' might be), you'll be able to spot it a mile away. If you're not aware, haven't developed the skills or just simply don't possess them, then you're likely to not even spot it if it's right in front of your face.

The blue drew the most cheers, atleast from my section of the crowd. It's a stunning color on the X. Sig Red didn't quite work with the X as it did with the S IMO.

I definitely think the blue and black are stunning, esp the blue, but that Sig red shocked me. Loved it. Did not expect that.

Here's a great new vid of the blue if you haven't seen it:

Mark Templeton on Twitter:

I hate to say this but I am constantly seeing Ford Focus's out the corner of my eye thinking they are Model S's. When you see an MS you actually know it though.

This one Bonnie will relate to: We have gopher snakes in our areas that are posers for rattlesnakes. They even have similar markings, coil up and wiggle their tales to try to fool you into thinking they are rattlesnakes. But when you see a real rattlesnake there is no doubt.

Attachments

• Pituophis_catenifer_catenifer_(Carrizo_Plain).jpg
    Pituophis_catenifer_catenifer_(Carrizo_Plain).jpg
    800.9 KB · Views: 120
This one Bonnie will relate to: We have gopher snakes in our areas that are posers for rattlesnakes. They even have similar markings, coil up and wiggle their tales to try to fool you into thinking they are rattlesnakes. But when you see a real rattlesnake there is no doubt.

I could use a few hundred of those on my property. The gopher snakes, that is!

On your Ford Focus comment, I will not reveal any information about whether or not I've made that same mistake.

I hate to say this but I am constantly seeing Ford Focus's out the corner of my eye thinking they are Model S's. When you see an MS you actually know it though.

Haha, that has happened to me a few times with Ford Fusions.

I imagine the current nose is cheaper to make. And probably here to stay, I'd imagine there'd be an impact on the "bumper slow collisions damage limit" rule whatever it is between different countries...