Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new nose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was not expecting the new nose but I have to say that I like it. It shows very progressive thinking in the design. It is different and that might not appeal to some of the more traditional people. Hopefully they get used to it so when the Model 3 shows up it is not so jarring to the general public.

Looks like Franz got his way, Model X has a new nose.

I like it!

Expect Model S to get this new look in the not too distant future. I think the design cue came from Model 3 design studies and the X was the first to get it.

Over the next decade, some of the cost-cutting measures put into the Model 3 will show up in the updated luxury S and X lines. The extra money could be used to develop products, build factories (growth), pay down debt, profit, or better quality, such as more luxury items, etc.. Competition will probably push some of those choices to be increased product quality. Overall, though, I support all those goals :)

Not a fan at all. The S looks like a $100,000 car when it is coming at you. This production version of the X loses any aggressiveness/sportiness of the concept and that is not how I would want the front end of my car to look at all.

The rest looks great.

The only reason the S looks like a $100,000 car to you is because the S is a $100,000 car. Model S really looks like an A6 which is a $50,000 car.