Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new nose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Angle of the photographs/videos makes a difference. From a low height (say the perspective of cat or dog) it looks odd. From human height (some examples here: http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/29/9411049/tesla-model-x-suv-release-price-video-elon-musk ) It looks different, but distinctive.

tesla-model-x-launch-041-2040.0.jpg

Sig Red for me, I dream :biggrin:

Count me as part of the camp that's not a fan of the new nose. I'll hold off on my final determination until I see it in-person, but as of now, if I had a reservation, I'd be seriously considering canceling it.

Wow, really? That's an amazingly strong feeling of disgust with the design, to override the other factors. You'd drive a Mercedes or BMW SUV instead as a result, and forgo everything else the Tesla brings?

Wow, really? That's an amazingly strong feeling of disgust with the design, to override the other factors. You'd drive a Mercedes or BMW SUV instead as a result, and forgo everything else the Tesla brings?

People want their car to look amazing to them and others. The initial thought on the front end is that it doesn't look amazing. Yes Tesla obviously brings so much more to the table but at $100,000 or more, the driver has to be pleased with how the vehicle looks.

I think it looks fantastic! Sig Red is such a hot colour, I can't get enough of it. There's no mistaking the fact that this is an EV now and that there clearly is no large grille to feed an ICE engine. March can't come fast enough for a Model 3 unveil!

Honestly, I would. Based on the information I have at this stage, it doesn't seem like that compelling of an SUV/CUV. It doesn't appear that the second row folds flat, the 3rd row looks tighter than expected, and the design isn't doing it for me. For those who truly wanted a Tesla SUV/CUV, this doesn't appear to be it. I'm sure other people will buy it because it fits what they're looking for, but it doesn't appear to check the boxes for me. The new XC90 seems to be a better fit.

Again, I'll hold off until I see it in-person/all the info gets released, but based on that reveal presentation, I'm definitely not sold.

I'll give credit where it's due though; the front windshield seems very cool, and the falcon doors definitely impressed me.

Love it! Bought my Model S in black because I didn't like the Oh Oh Oh of the front in other colors.

Good designs are based on a functional purpose and a grille, mock grille or nosecone looks added on.

This looks real.

I take a lot of road trips and the first thing I see is that it has a big glossy surface that will be littered with bug hits. Whether its just after a trip before you have a chance to wash it or being pitted after years of travel it will not look great. The Model S nose is more broken up and less noticeable to this kind of thing.

The mean look of the blue mule posted upthread is gone; that's what I miss the most about what we ended up with.

Beyond us more forgiving enthusiasts, I seriously doubt the broader appeal - all other considerations apart - to folks who want SUVs to convey some sense of strength/power.

Not sure why I feel so strongly about it; I'm not even buying this thing so, I should shut up now. ;)

Please, please don't do this to the Model 3...

Honestly, I would. Based on the information I have at this stage, it doesn't seem like that compelling of an SUV/CUV. It doesn't appear that the second row folds flat, the 3rd row looks tighter than expected, and the design isn't doing it for me. For those who truly wanted a Tesla SUV/CUV, this doesn't appear to be it. I'm sure other people will buy it because it fits what they're looking for, but it doesn't appear to check the boxes for me. The new XC90 seems to be a better fit.

Again, I'll hold off until I see it in-person/all the info gets released, but based on that reveal presentation, I'm definitely not sold.

I'll give credit where it's due though; the front windshield seems very cool, and the falcon doors definitely impressed me.

i will agree that the XC90 is better looking. I'm not sure the FWD, performance, and gas savings would be enough to push me into an X over an XC90 if I was in the market for either right now.