Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new porsche ev in season 3 of NORDIK "DEADWIND" (KARPPI)-ON NETFLIX- COOL CAR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IT sure looked cool..i went on the porsche site to order one and i cannot belive how many options they have for the car..it puts tesla to shame..
@meomyo Porsche has long been known for their extensive options lists. I bet you can double the base price of many Porsche models just from checking enough options, and it probably won't take all the checkboxes!

Last year I briefly played around with optioning the Taycan, aiming for approximately the price of an MSLR ($90k). Just matching the basic features we'd want in any new daily driver was a decent chunk of change. Then there's the endless options to customize stuff like the color of your seatbelt or what some trim piece looks like - easy enough to skip if you're not made of money.

The trickier choices were the options that promised a change in how the car drives. I don't even know how you're supposed to decide on them, when the dealer won't let you test drive a single car (of the Taycan). It seemed like an exercise in frustration. I looked on Porsche forums and it turns out the proper way is to be wealthy enough to keep buying new Porsches repeatedly, then you slowly figure out how you like your Porsche served, and eventually you migrate to the extra limited edition specials. I'm not there yet, maybe someday. :)

As best I could tell without driving the Taycan, it is a 100% proper Porsche. Sitting inside it felt like a big (BIG) sports car, for good (I bet it's fun!) and bad (horrible packaging for a "sedan" and questionably low ground clearance). Expensive to start, and ungodly expensive for a fast version with options. If the money ain't a thang I bet it's a sweet car, just don't make any taller adults scrunch into that back seat. ;)

The "Cross Turismo" wagon version was very intriguing, but only on paper - I couldn't find one to even sit in. Maybe they're easier to check out now.

@meomyo Porsche has long been known for their extensive options lists. I bet you can double the base price of many Porsche models just from checking enough options, and it probably won't take all the checkboxes!

Last year I briefly played around with optioning the Taycan, aiming for approximately the price of an MSLR ($90k). Just matching the basic features we'd want in any new daily driver was a decent chunk of change. Then there's the endless options to customize stuff like the color of your seatbelt or what some trim piece looks like - easy enough to skip if you're not made of money.

The trickier choices were the options that promised a change in how the car drives. I don't even know how you're supposed to decide on them, when the dealer won't let you test drive a single car (of the Taycan). It seemed like an exercise in frustration. I looked on Porsche forums and it turns out the proper way is to be wealthy enough to keep buying new Porsches repeatedly, then you slowly figure out how you like your Porsche served, and eventually you migrate to the extra limited edition specials. I'm not there yet, maybe someday. :)

As best I could tell without driving the Taycan, it is a 100% proper Porsche. Sitting inside it felt like a big (BIG) sports car, for good (I bet it's fun!) and bad (horrible packaging for a "sedan" and questionably low ground clearance). Expensive to start, and ungodly expensive for a fast version with options. If the money ain't a thang I bet it's a sweet car, just don't make any taller adults scrunch into that back seat. ;)

The "Cross Turismo" wagon version was very intriguing, but only on paper - I couldn't find one to even sit in. Maybe they're easier to check out now.
Yes if i was jay leno i would likely get most options and not care