TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The new Prius: Saw 8 M3s today...

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by SoCalGuy, May 16, 2018.

1. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Member

I'm surprised how common the M3 is already even though less than 20K have been delivered. Just today I saw 8 Model 3s in the wild all over the South Bay in LA (PV, Redondo, Torrance)... I can only imagine how many more will be on the road once Tesla is at full prod speed! Yikes!

As an aside, I saw one silver, one red, one blue, 2 white, and 3 midnight silvers with various wheel combos. The red is pretty striking in person/on the road.

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  2. mblakele

mblakele (つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ

It’s like that around here too. I see more TM3 than TMX. I think TMS (and Prius) still have the edge, but by the end of the year I expect that to be gone.

3. Need

Need Member

But that's Space X country out there. One of my friend who toured Space X told me that the parking lot there is full of M3. I have seen 1 M3 on the road so far, but every day I see at least 2 or 3 MS or MX outside of my own. My drive is east of the 605. :p

4. rtanov

rtanov Member

Getting like that in the Mid-West too :) I saw 2 TM3's the other day.

• Like x 1
  5. GatorGuy

GatorGuy Member

I haven't seen any in Jacksonville. I was in Texas over the weekend and saw more there. :cool:

• Informative x 1
  6. egggg

egggg Member

Around Irvine, I still see more Maserati than M3. I only see a M3 2-3x per week and there are thousands of nice cars here.

I think the numbers you are seeing around the SpaceX headquarters and Bay Area are most definitely skewed, but is a good example of what is to come for the rest of the country. I remember living in West LA a long time ago and every stoplight was full of BMW 3 series and Infiniti G35's. I expect once production gets going, those same intersections will be filled with M3's.

7. Robmil

Robmil Member

It is very common to see multiple M3 daily in bay area now. Even in my kid's school, there are three parents driving their kids to school in M3.

8. Effopec

Effopec Member

I'm in the north Dallas burbs and I've seen 2 total - both on the same night about 3 weeks ago. One on the way to dinner. One on the way back.

9. mkspeedr

mkspeedr Member

I think I average 12 on my 17 mile commute every day. I am sure that number will grow.

10. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

I see lots in San Diego. Everyday at least 2-3. Service center told me they have delivered over 1000. That seems stretching but who knows.

• Like x 1
  11. Motor Mouth

Motor Mouth Member

I thought I was special when I took delivery last month. 2 weeks later, I saw a grey one parked in the next block and thought, well that's good. A couple days later I saw a white one parked in a driveway on the next block down from me. So, now I'm feeling not so special. Hey, but I haven't seen any other red ones in my neighborhood (yet). I do see at least 2-3 every time I drive anywhere in town, but it is SF so...

• Like x 1
  12. jbella

jbella Member

I am starting to see a lot of model 3s as well, but I suppose the perception that there is a lot of them is caused by the fact that I just notice them more. My daughter mentioned that model 3s are getting to be as common and Camrys... and I said.. okay.. lets actually pay attention to Camrys and call them out when we see them.

Oh my God there are a crap-ton of Camrys on the road. It's unbelievable. Probably didn't more more than a few seconds before seeing one.

• Like x 1
  13. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

Can't imagine why a bunch of rocket scientists would have so many M3's.... ;)

14. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

If want to feel special, do what I do..... Drive it.

• Funny x 1
  15. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

I live in a suburb NE of Denver & I have yet to see one in person. My delivery is 24 hours away. Pretty sure mine will be the first M3 that I ever see.

Well, I'm sure there will be several in the parking lot at the SC so I suppose that will actually be the first.

16. David L

David L Member

I see at least 1 a day commuting around the north part of San Diego. But surprisingly, I saw 0 during a weekend trip to Pasadena. I guess that explains Tesla hasn't invested in any SpC in the Pasadena area.

17. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

I very much look forward to them being all over the place so I can go back to relative anonymity. Not as bad as it was a few months ago, but I still don't like having my car stand out :|

18. TT97

TT97 Member

There are a few in my neighborhood but still more Ss then 3s. There is a wrapped pink one and a matte black one a few blocks from my house that I have been going the long way home to try to get a glimpse of them each time.

19. Twincam23

Twincam23 Member

i'll be lucky to see 1 with my daily commute from home (Silverlake) to work (Century City). I see numerous MS and MX though.

20. Evthusiast

Evthusiast Member

1000% the new Prius. Done Complete ...at least in California.