Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new Prius: Saw 8 M3s today...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised how common the M3 is already even though less than 20K have been delivered. Just today I saw 8 Model 3s in the wild all over the South Bay in LA (PV, Redondo, Torrance)... I can only imagine how many more will be on the road once Tesla is at full prod speed! Yikes!

As an aside, I saw one silver, one red, one blue, 2 white, and 3 midnight silvers with various wheel combos. The red is pretty striking in person/on the road.

I'm surprised how common the M3 is already even though less than 20K have been delivered. Just today I saw 8 Model 3s in the wild all over the South Bay in LA (PV, Redondo, Torrance)... I can only imagine how many more will be on the road once Tesla is at full prod speed! Yikes!

As an aside, I saw one silver, one red, one blue, 2 white, and 3 midnight silvers with various wheel combos. The red is pretty striking in person/on the road.

But that's Space X country out there. One of my friend who toured Space X told me that the parking lot there is full of M3. I have seen 1 M3 on the road so far, but every day I see at least 2 or 3 MS or MX outside of my own. My drive is east of the 605. :p

Around Irvine, I still see more Maserati than M3. I only see a M3 2-3x per week and there are thousands of nice cars here.

I think the numbers you are seeing around the SpaceX headquarters and Bay Area are most definitely skewed, but is a good example of what is to come for the rest of the country. I remember living in West LA a long time ago and every stoplight was full of BMW 3 series and Infiniti G35's. I expect once production gets going, those same intersections will be filled with M3's.

I thought I was special when I took delivery last month. 2 weeks later, I saw a grey one parked in the next block and thought, well that's good. A couple days later I saw a white one parked in a driveway on the next block down from me. So, now I'm feeling not so special. Hey, but I haven't seen any other red ones in my neighborhood (yet). I do see at least 2-3 every time I drive anywhere in town, but it is SF so...

Reactions: Pkmmte
I am starting to see a lot of model 3s as well, but I suppose the perception that there is a lot of them is caused by the fact that I just notice them more. My daughter mentioned that model 3s are getting to be as common and Camrys... and I said.. okay.. lets actually pay attention to Camrys and call them out when we see them.

Oh my God there are a crap-ton of Camrys on the road. It's unbelievable. Probably didn't more more than a few seconds before seeing one.

Reactions: Pkmmte
I thought I was special when I took delivery last month. 2 weeks later, I saw a grey one parked in the next block and thought, well that's good. A couple days later I saw a white one parked in a driveway on the next block down from me. So, now I'm feeling not so special. Hey, but I haven't seen any other red ones in my neighborhood (yet). I do see at least 2-3 every time I drive anywhere in town, but it is SF so...
If want to feel special, do what I do..... Drive it.

• Funny
Reactions: Motor Mouth
I live in a suburb NE of Denver & I have yet to see one in person. My delivery is 24 hours away. Pretty sure mine will be the first M3 that I ever see.

Well, I'm sure there will be several in the parking lot at the SC so I suppose that will actually be the first.

There are a few in my neighborhood but still more Ss then 3s. There is a wrapped pink one and a matte black one a few blocks from my house that I have been going the long way home to try to get a glimpse of them each time.