Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Refer 50 Tesla Buyers, Get a Next Gen Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla referral program members have been alerted to a new incentive program that could earn them a next generation Roadster.

An update to the Tesla App’s “Loot Box” shows that referrers can get 10% off the price of a Founder’s Series Next Gen Roadster by referring 5 more Tesla owners. Each additional referral takes up an additional 2%. So, refer 50, get a Roadster for free.

Photo: Peisert Design

Last edited by a moderator:
"Get to 100% for a free Founder's Series next gen Roadster."

giphy.gif

Very curious what they'll do about the key engineering points.

Chassis (maybe a full carbon one, or something like I8?)
But aluminum would work also.

Batteries, same as the ones in base version Model 3, or perhaps a more spicy version?

Standard big rear +small front motor setup, or more in line with the latest trend in high performance BEV's: one per wheel?

Slightly quicker 0-60 that current family cars on sale would be a hoot, but might they also work on lap times?
Cooling, if they approach this with a more racey attitude, huge gains in lap times are up for grabs.

Tyres, will they go wider for track performance?

Downforce, will they sacrifice some economy for it? The old roadster is rediculously economical. But also tiny.
I bet the NextGen will be a bigger car.

Hope they don't just make a roadster body on a Model 3 chassis, but really go for a car worth $200,000+. Not just for what it does in a straight line, but also around laps.

Hope they don't just make a roadster body on a Model 3 chassis,

That's what I'm thinking.

but really go for a car worth $200,000+.

I doubt that. I think they're done with the super expensive, ultra-high performance sports cars (except where Model S qualifies for that).

The master plan has always been about sustainable transport and energy, not making a supercar.

I doubt that. I think they're done with the super expensive, ultra-high performance sports cars (except where Model S qualifies for that).

The master plan has always been about sustainable transport and energy, not making a supercar.

I don't think a convertible sports car fits in the "sustainable transport" category. It is more sustainable than a petrol powered sports car, but I don't think it will mean a mass transit to EVs. Especially since it will definitely be more expensive than a Model 3, so 40k+ at best.

I think it will be something like a 911 competitor and not a Mustang competitor. But it could go either way.

Other luxury car companies have "cheaper" convertible sports cars, too TT, SLC, Z4 just to name a few. But the real money is made at the 911 price range, at least globally and especially for the kind of market Tesla has been targeting so far.

50 referrals, but you can't advertise your referral code publicly!

Most of the more "prolific" referrers are still doing it. Haven't heard of anyone getting removed from the referral program either. Just empty threats that only hurt the little guys doing it if anything. There are still people buying AdWords ads, still listing fake eBay auctions and still using Twitter bots to constantly tweet out referrals.

Not only the convenience, but the much lower Cd rating compared to a soft-top.

We've had three hardtop droptops (BMW Z4, BMW 335i, Merc SLK-350) and they are awesome.

Still have the 335i.

Well, some Roadsters, including mine, have hardtops already; however, removal and installation is manual and requires aligning a large object and tightening some bolts at what some might consider odd angles.

The manual top on the Roadster was a consideration before buying. I still dislike it a great deal, but love the car nonetheless.

I just want a power top on the next gen Roadster. I'm sure Elon and the engineers will balance drag, weight, hardtop/soft top, etc. to obtain maximum plaid mind blowing performance.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Not exactly accurate - after five referrals you get access to this special loot; after five more referrals you get 10% off, and then an additional 2% off for each further referral = additional 90% off from 45 referrals. So it takes 55 referrals, not 50, to get the Roadster for free.

You know how convertibles made in the last decade or perhaps two have allowed raising the roof at speeds of up to 30-50 kpm (20-30 mph). In the original Tesla Roadster, the only speed limit seems to be your skills. :)

That said, personally I think something like the Mazda would be great for a two-seater. I still keep hoping Tesla might make it a "Roadster" in name only and go for a true 911 competitor with a small rear seat. That would give a convertible Tesla wider market appeal, assuming no e.g. Model 3 convertible as well.

Reactions: TEG