Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The next generation Roadster: not coming any time soon...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is going racing.
Tesla Motors has no racing program nor does it design its current vehicles with racing in mind. Elon has been very clear in the past that he sees no reason for Tesla to invest any resources in any kind of racing program, specifically he stated that at the 2014 shareholders meeting and has given no indication since that he has modified his viewpoint. If you have evidence to the contrary I would be very interested in hearing it.

I suspect the next "roadster" will be on the III platform, much like a BMW M3. Probably a two-door performance version of the car, but nothing like the two-seat supercar original.
The 3 platform that we have seen so far just seems to big to me for a true 2-seater sports car. Though maybe it could be shortened in the mid-section and still be considered the same "platform". But then there is less room for a flat battery pack. Of course a few years from now Tesla batteries will be better so a useful size pack could be smaller than it is now.

Or perhaps something like this...?
2020-tesla-roadster-4_1600x0w.jpg

2020 Tesla Roadster