Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Nothing Due List?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

walla2

Jul 15, 2012
One problem with taking delivery of the car is that since it is so new, few realize everything that is due at delivery. It was hard to complete my due list as I wasn't really certain what came with the car. I was wondering if we could build a series of lists of what should come with every car so new owners can know if they are missing something. Here's my attempt for my Sig Performance. Please help me refine it and take a stab at other configurations:

Signature Performance P85:
1 Model S (Bulbs, seats, touchscreen, seatbelts, battery, etc.)
4 21" performance wheels and tires (silver or gray)
2 Key fobs with thin black strings
2 Floor front floor mats
1 Frunk net
1 Spoiler (If selected)
1 Front license plate mount
1 Rear license plate frame in chrome
1 Parcel Shelf
1 NEMA 6-15 adapter
1 J1772 adapter
1 NEMA 14-50 adapter
1 Charging cable
1 Towing instruction card
Owners documents (Likely vary by state)
Slacker Premium Account (Activated later in some cases)
3G Service for 1 Year

Signature P85:
1 Model S (Bulbs, seats, touchscreen, seatbelts, battery, etc.)
4 19" performance wheels and tires (silver or gray)
2 Floor front floor mats
1 Frunk net
1 Parcel Shelf
1 NEMA 6-15 adapter
1 J1772 adapter
1 NEMA 14-50 adapter
1 Charging cable
1 Towing instruction card
Owners documents (Likely vary by state)
3G Service for 1 Year

I need help with some non signature cars. I don't own one so I don't have enough data to know what others are receiving.

Last edited:
My understanding...
  • First I've heard of Tesla-supplied strings for the key fobs.
  • Frunk and trunk carpets don't come with the vehicle.
  • Included 3 month (non-Sig) or 1 year (Sig) 3G, not free.

Sorry, I think some of those items are actually not due bill items.

These:
1 Frunk carpet
1 Trunk carpet
1 Towing instructions card
Free 3G (for now)

And obviously anything optional is just... well... optional. It is due when you paid for it but don't get it.
Also Signature has already left the building, so shouldn't really use that as a due bill for anybody else.

Something to add to the list:
-- mobile plug adapters: NEMA 14-50, NEMA 6-15, J1772 (plus any others optionally ordered)

@JasonS: I posted the Signature because this is what a Signature should come with. I think you and brianman bolding items like "with thin black strings" indicates you didn't get them. I did get a thin black string on both of my fobs. I also got a towing card. Slacker was activated in my car about 4 days after owning it. I think some other people got these things too which is the exact reason I think we should list out configurations and options so a complete car can be delivered to as many people as possible.

Everyone should get a front plate mount in my opinion for resale / moving purposes. If you choose not to have it installed, you should still receive one (other car companies do this too). I did not get a chrome Tesla rear plate frame but others clearly did with a Zero Emissions placard. There are tons of pictures of this here at TMC. I want to help others to keep them from missing items on their exciting delivery day.

Last edited:
My understanding is that things like the strings and chrome plate frame are more like "courtesy items" (like the keyring many of us got when making a reservation) not "standard issue items that will be on your due bill if you didn't get them."

As for frunk/trunk carpets, this is the first I've heard that they even exist outside of the Tesla Store offerings.