Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The number of used Tesla 3/Y available is staggering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think there are more limitations on that, though, like requiring the car to be made in the U.S.? That will obviously help Tesla but leaves other EVs out. the id.4 is assembled in TN but the Ioniq is made in Korea, the Mach E in Mexico and China.
Don’t forget income factor as well, to me the $4k incentive is not worth anything. As soon as they announced the EV credit everyone raised their prices. Best to get it now then wait for a credit that never going to come and price are minimal now.

Reactions: Zalick
One thing I think people are missing is that starting in 2023, the $4000 credit will be in play for used EVs. It would not shock me one bit if we see a huge surge in used demand once the calendar flips.
$25,000 limit 😔

Even the older model S units are slightly above that. Cheapest M3 I have seen is 30k.

The good thing about this credit though is it will make EV more affordable for folks on tighter budgets. I believe it's 1/3 or $4,000 whichever is less.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BMWY and jsight
Even though Tesla Orlando is packed and delivering 30 cars a day, the used Tesla market here is in the dumps. You can buy low mile 2022 Ys for $61K.

65FE2E1E-CA13-4A71-B0A1-C831E8CEC845.jpeg

Picked up a my new Model Y from the Springfield SC in NJ (ordered August - delivered end of Sept - Austin VIN). The parking lot was literally full of new deliveries and there was no where to park. All the floor models were in, and so where test drive units. The only ones missing are the refreshed model X.

I think its fair to say Tesla has is catching up on production, Austin production is in full gear.

Reactions: Daekwan
Picked up a my new Model Y from the Springfield SC in NJ (ordered August - delivered end of Sept - Austin VIN). The parking lot was literally full of new deliveries and there was no where to park. All the floor models were in, and so where test drive units. The only ones missing are the refreshed model X.

I think its fair to say Tesla has is catching up on production, Austin production is in full gear.
That sounds like a fairly typical end of quarter to me. I once returned a service loaner on the last day of the quarter. The lot was packed and they were unloading car carriers.

The surprising thing is that they appear to be below their guidance for this year. It might end up being the first year in a while with <50% growth.

The used car market is pretty much on the verge of collapsing on itself. Resale values are likely going alot lower. I think alot of dealers and companies (like Carvana) are going to disappear due to being stuck with dramatically underwater inventory.
That's a total given. Carvana is down 88%... they cannot afford to buy high and selling low. Only Kathy Wood can do that!

$2K drop every week or so.

View attachment 866812
I’m officially confused. 22 miles is not a “used” car, it is new. I think my new car had about as many miles on it when I accepted delivery. Why would someone order the same car for $65,990 + destination fee and wait months for delivery when they can get one of these for over $7K cheaper? What am I missing?

I’m officially confused. 22 miles is not a “used” car, it is new. I think my new car had about as many miles on it when I accepted delivery. Why would someone order the same car for $65,990 + destination fee and wait months for delivery when they can get one of these for over $7K cheaper? What am I missing?

We have a March '22 YLR reservation that's roughly $60K; not due til December. If these continue to drop thousands every week, we may just grab one of these practically new/used 2022. The lowest mileage I've seen so far for a 2022 is 15 miles. People were basically picking these up and driving them straight to the dealer to sell.

Reactions: Daekwan