TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The "Official" ElonsVelvetJacket's Thread

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by hmmm, Dec 1, 2016.

1. hmmm

hmmm Member

I couldn't find an existing thread, so thought I would start one to facilitate the discussion w/o going back and forth between here and reddit

overview for ElonsVelvetJacket

Latest entry: bye bye grey seats...

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Ah, the reddit page. When I saw the thread title, I thought you were posting a link to a place where one can actually buy a velvet jacket like Elon has. :)

• Funny x 2
  3. hmmm

hmmm Member

#3 hmmm, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    Sorry, I am not sharing that one.

4. hmmm

hmmm Member

And...the grey seat option is no longer available online. That was quick.

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I don't use reddit so seeking some clarification: is that reddit "thread" (? Don't know the correct term) something that Tesla Motors created and posts to, so that everything I see there is an "official" communication from Tesla?

6. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

No.

7. hmmm

hmmm Member

#7 hmmm, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    I realize I didn't provide much context, sorry:

- There is "someone" on Reddit who started a thread which so far has been 100% accurate re. upcoming Tesla news. This should not be considered official Tesla communication, but if I had to guess, this is coming from an insider. This may be organized "leakage" from Tesla, but this is pure speculation on my part.
    - in addition, the thread I started here is not an "official" thread from Tesla in any way shape or form, this is why I used quotes, so take whatever will be discussed here with a grain of salt.

I hope this helps

8. esk8mw

esk8mw Active Member

This is an excellent idea. That poster has a 100% track record and I'm not a Reddit user so I'd love to see instant updates over here at TMC.

• Like x 1
  9. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Thanks, got it. That "someone" on reddit does seem to know what they are posting about. :)

10. Trips

Trips "Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?"

Did Elon get rid of the velvet jacket? It has been almost 6 months since ElonsVelvetJacket has been around.

11. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Amber made him get rid of it since it was a gift from his ex-wife and she didn't want it around as a reminder. :)

• Funny x 1
  12. hmmm

hmmm Member

I'm thinking he had to retire it temporarily while he is running around all sweaty to get the 3 out the door on time.

13. HumanGenome

HumanGenome Member

A higher up employee posted on Reddit asking the person to stop. They stopped. It was not Elon.