Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Official Vinyl Wrap Color Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All. As many members have vinyl wrapped their Teslas I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread showing color options.

As only a limited number of Teslas have been wrapped this will most likely be comprised of other makes and models but again its just to show what options exist.

If you've wrapped your Tesla please share it.

Although we do offer Vinyl wrapping services the photos posted are not our work unless otherwise stated. Hope you guys find this useful.

Avery Gloss Blue done by us
UP_1.jpg

Brushed Aluminum
Brushed aluminum.jpg

Matte Gray Aluminium
gray aluminum.jpg

3M Deep Matte Black
Deep matte black.jpg

3M Satin Black
Satin black.jpg

Satin Pearl White
Satin Pearl White.jpg

Matte White

Matte White.jpg

3M Indigo
indigo.jpg

Matte Brown

Matte Brown.jpg

Gloss Red Metallic
gloss red metallic.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

3M Brushed Blue Steel
brushed blue steel.jpg

3M Dragon Fire Red
Dragon fire red.JPG

3M Atomic Teal
atomic teal.jpg

That Audi in 3M Satin Ocean Shimmer is a beauty... @Bulletproof - Do you have a preference in brands for wraps?

That chrome is also beautiful but a little flashy for my personality!
We can wrap using any brand if the customer requests it but we prefer to use high quality brands like 3M and Avery.

We used Avery to wrap the Unplugged Tesla.

Before
IMG_3674.JPG

After
IMG_9203.jpg

Some of our recent work. Both done in 3M
12322481_10102864652515254_4123980139279544460_o.jpg

IMG_1081_BE.jpg

@Bulletproof - can you provide some details about how these wear? I'm in Canada and go through harsh winters with salt on the roads, the occasional automatic car wash, lots of highway driving with stone chips, the occasional "close parker", etc. If the wrap gets chipped, what can be done or how does it wear afterwards?

Vinyl wrap wears similar to paint. It will get rock chips but you can always replace it if need be.

You can bring a vinyl wrapped car through an automatic brushless car wash although hand washing is better.

As with paint, exposure to the elements and things like tree sap and bird droppings being left for long periods of time will degrade the wrap.

I'd recommend getting a color similar to your car to avoid having the paint show through any chips. So if you have a white car I'd avoid black vinyl etc.

Overall, quality wraps hold up well for years but will not necessarily act like armor, although chipped vinyl is better thank chipped paint IMO as you can always peel it off when its time to sell or trade in.

@Bulletproof - can you provide some details about how these wear? I'm in Canada and go through harsh winters with salt on the roads, the occasional automatic car wash, lots of highway driving with stone chips, the occasional "close parker", etc. If the wrap gets chipped, what can be done or how does it wear afterwards?

Vinyl wrap wears similar to paint. It will get rock chips but you can always replace it if need be.

You can bring a vinyl wrapped car through an automatic brushless car wash although hand washing is better.

As with paint, exposure to the elements and things like tree sap and bird droppings being left for long periods of time will degrade the wrap.

I'd recommend getting a color similar to your car to avoid having the paint show through any chips. So if you have a white car I'd avoid black vinyl etc.

Overall, quality wraps hold up well for years but will not necessarily act like armor, although chipped vinyl is better thank chipped paint IMO as you can always peel it off when its time to sell or trade in.

Thanks for the details. I have MC Red and was thinking about a Matte Orange wrap. I guess this would show through if it became chipped but I like bright colours.

Do you know anyone has done something similar? How did it turn out?