Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The one and only inventory car with non-active AP2 hardware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And while we are at it...

How would you feel about leasing this one: 85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H27EFP62719 | Tesla

It's the only inventory P85D, with 17k+ miles on it, with a $38k+ discount. Considering leasing it, mainly because it's AP1.

Someone should jump on that sale if you don't. P85D for less than the 90D linked above!

In October (before the AP2.0 announcement) I bought almost an identical P85D with a $39k discount, but mine has 40k miles (no typo) on it and AP1. My warranty is 50k from purchase so I am not concerned with the high mileage, but man if I could have had 1/3 the miles I totally would have. I'd rather have a "P" than AP2.0 any day.

Someone should jump on that sale if you don't. P85D for less than the 90D linked above!

In October (before the AP2.0 announcement) I bought almost an identical P85D with a $39k discount, but mine has 40k miles (no typo) on it and AP1. My warranty is 50k from purchase so I am not concerned with the high mileage, but man if I could have had 1/3 the miles I totally would have. I'd rather have a "P" than AP2.0 any day.
Perhaps superficial, but my only issue is that I'm just not a fan of this bright red. I can appreciate the performance, but I much prefer low-key colors such as grey, silver etc.

Then again, I'm also a sucker for a good deal.

What do you think makes the P85D such a superior vehicle? I know it's the performance, but... care to elaborate? I'm trying to get myself to pull the trigger.

It costs less than the brand new 90D listed above, but it's also not *that* new, with 17k+ miles and all.

Perhaps superficial, but my only issue is that I'm just not a fan of this bright red. I can appreciate the performance, but I much prefer low-key colors such as grey, silver etc.

Then again, I'm also a sucker for a good deal.

What do you think makes the P85D such a superior vehicle? I know it's the performance, but... care to elaborate? I'm trying to get myself to pull the trigger.

It costs less than the brand new 90D listed above, but it's also not *that* new, with 17k+ miles and all.

The thing is, I have never driven a car that has the torque and acceleration of the P85D, but I have driven cars that you can compare the S90 or even 90D to. Of course, those are ICEs and don't have the cachet and tech of Tesla, but I could honestly see cross-shopping an Audi S4 or S6 vs. 90D, but can't find a comparable car to the P85D. There are sports cars, but nothing practical like the Model S.

Also, unlike most sports cars, the P95D throttle response is wonderful. Most sports cars always want to go fast, but the Tesla is able to take off gradually, or launch in 3.2 seconds, or speeds in between.

And while we are at it...

How would you feel about leasing this one: 85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H27EFP62719 | Tesla

It's the only inventory P85D, with 17k+ miles on it, with a $38k+ discount. Considering leasing it, mainly because it's AP1.
You can try, but fairly confident they will not do a lease on car that old and with that mileage. I believe others tried before and were not successful.