Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The one issue the board forgot to vote on! ( End of the Line )

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The simple last step and answer to most Tesla car owners dreams. Please take this one tip from VW.

nopanelgap.jpg

npgaps2.jpg

If people didn't have panel gaps to complain about, they'd find something else.......

You are not seeing the bigger picture here. Its not just about panel gaps. Its to pickup many things. Those Tesla cars should meet the same standards with a little extra money spent on employing people and management that care about the end product that is handed over to them. Done sooner rather than later. Care about your customers and the product they receive. Build a better reputation rather than making sloppy workmanship the norm.

**JOKE MODE ON**

The acceleration of Tesla cars is a SAFETY HAZARD! It should go 0-60 in nothing less than 12 seconds.

Fart mode is a major driver distraction and must be REMOVED IMMEDIATELY.

EV's are causing major job losses in the oil drilling industry. Does Elon not care about these people? Tesla factories MUST BE STOPPED.

-

I'm practicing for my interview as Senior Headline Editor at a very reputable news publication.

Last edited:
VW said that early deliveries would have software issues that will
need a factory install at the end of the year. Please go buy a VW.
I would not know why a guy that has returned his car would post here.
Life is life so move on.

Reactions: Phlier
The acceleration of Tesla cars is a SAFETY HAZARD! It should go 0-60 in nothing less than 12 seconds.

Fart mode is a major driver distraction and must be REMOVED IMMEDIATELY.

EV's are causing major job losses in the oil drilling industry. Does Elon not care about these people? Tesla factories MUST BE STOPPED.

-

I'm practicing for my interview as Senior Headline Editor at a very reputable news publication.

I heard that the new Tesla batteries are mainly made from puppies. Something about how dog bladders can hold infinite amount of urine makes them great for batteries. Do you want to drive a car built on dead puppies?

VW said that early deliveries would have software issues that will
need a factory install at the end of the year. Please go buy a VW.
I would not know why a guy that has returned his car would post here.
Life is life so move on.

Well I will consider it. Reviews have not picked up software issues. Just a fair comparison that is all and what is missing down the line. I suppose now there is the new under frunk homebase wood trim option for the Y... so many options wonderful

Build a better reputation rather than making sloppy workmanship the norm.
Is it truly the norm though? I don't buy into that.

FWIW we're coming up to a year of trouble free motoring in a car with decent enough panel gaps, that's a blast to drive and cheap to own (even compared with the 19 year old ICE I traded for it) and we're celebrating with a 3 day road trip.

It's completely sold us on EVs and we're looking to another 2nd hand car now. But it will never be a VW. It's great that they're presenting people with another EV alternative, but their reputation at our house cannot be repaired through mere panel fit or finish.

Reactions: smatthew
You are not seeing the bigger picture here. Its not just about panel gaps. Its to pickup many things. Those Tesla cars should meet the same standards with a little extra money spent on employing people and management that care about the end product that is handed over to them. Done sooner rather than later. Care about your customers and the product they receive. Build a better reputation rather than making sloppy workmanship the norm.

In most industries, this would need to happen, otherwise sales would fall and the company would falter. However, Tesla has no trouble selling every car it makes, regardless of QA issues. From a purely business perspective, the increased investment in QA will not result in additional sales, so why would Tesla spend money towards that? In fact, it would probably slow down production and result in reduced sales. Tesla investors don't want them to make better cars. They want them to make a larger quantity of "good enough" cars.

In most industries, this would need to happen, otherwise sales would fall and the company would falter. However, Tesla has no trouble selling every car it makes, regardless of QA issues. From a purely business perspective, the increased investment in QA will not result in additional sales, so why would Tesla spend money towards that? In fact, it would probably slow down production and result in reduced sales. Tesla investors don't want them to make better cars. They want them to make a larger quantity of "good enough" cars.
It’s true that in the infancy of the transition to EVs, and there will be new blood to sustain growth.

It’s completely within Tesla’s ethos to exploit that most buyers coming from legacy manufacturers are ignorant that Tesla is not bound by industry quality standards and customer service.

Perhaps that’s corporate greed, but the legacies would do it too, if they could. At least the American makes.

And if robo taxis is the future, the machine that makes the machine, Tesla, shouldn’t be calibrated to things that exclusively bother owner-drivers. That’s for luxury EV companies that focus on personal taxis FSD.

• Disagree
Reactions: LionXng

We all know you were unhappy with your car, and forced tesla to take it back. posting the same basic opinions on this message board over and over wont even actually get to tesla itself so what is your goal with that?

We all know you were unhappy with your car, and forced tesla to take it back. posting the same basic opinions on this message board over and over wont even actually get to tesla itself so what is your goal with that?

Actually look at it this way. Not all people here own a Tesla or maybe they do or even 2,3. But my opinions are actually educated with ownership and there is nothing wrong with pointing out issues to be solved. If you look at the above pictures and then why you get so many people on here mad about service centre visits or pickup issues and cant see a better way of doing things? I might buy another Tesla or an ID4 choices are wonderful as are free and open forums. If Tesla do not like hearing it well then tackle the problems.

As for forcing Tesla to take something back. They ignored the bank and so I am sure forced them to auction it to cover expenses. Speaks volumes actually.

If what you are saying is true here "regardless of QA issues" then this is pure negligence. A car is an experience and the first time you pick it up it should be a good one. Not be told by a rep you need to book a visit to fix issues handing over £40,000 at point of sale. A waste of time, parts, money, reliability for the end user long term.

Is it truly the norm though? I don't buy into that.

FWIW we're coming up to a year of trouble free motoring in a car with decent enough panel gaps, that's a blast to drive and cheap to own (even compared with the 19 year old ICE I traded for it) and we're celebrating with a 3 day road trip.

It's completely sold us on EVs and we're looking to another 2nd hand car now. But it will never be a VW. It's great that they're presenting people with another EV alternative, but their reputation at our house cannot be repaired through mere panel fit or finish.

I am glad you had a good example and trouble free. Cheap they are to run I know. Best car handling wise I have ever driven. Only argument there is all Ev's tend to be 5K plus more than their ICE equivalents from all places. Which when you can do 50,000+ miles on that petrol with the equivalent ICE in a cars range everyone who buys and EV right now is not really saving money they are more helping the transition. If you keep the car for several years and do 70,000+ miles, do not have any trouble then bingo you do actually save. Or do a lot of car miles. Though I know this and calculated it owning one and jumped in thinking I am doing the right thing, cleaner air yes I am! My point with the above is that one step in stopping a car at the factory to fix it there properly. Means many less steps down the road and waste of resources and customers time later. I think if you are a shareholder just interested in profit you don't care about that. If you are like me and every time I mention my Tesla to a petrol head his response straight away is, I will wait until the price of batteries drop which Tesla are working hard on and other manufacturers. Also they tend to know all about the quality problems already as that rep is building fast. I do not have much to counter that.