Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The One Thing EV's are Missing...Soul

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title implies, it's the "soul." I took a friend of mine for a ride in both my Model S Plaid and the pinnacle of ICE a V12 Italian Ferrari. He agreed 1000% the Plaid is faster, The F12 I've done high 10s at low to mid 130s in the quarter. It's a street car with some decent top end and not much down low thanks to lack of grip with RWD. He very clearly felt the Ferrari has that soul and visceral nature that's missing in an EV. He's not wrong. I enjoy my Plaid but there's a place for ICE in the sports car / exotic car world. Your boring commuter with the lackluster 4 or 6 cylinder should go the doo doo bird but the high performance V8, V10, V12 cars definitely have their place. I feel I'm somewhat fortunate to enjoy the best of both worlds. The EV juggernaut with the carbon emitting 8 MPG fire spitting catless V12. Both have their Pros and Cons to me and it's not a one is better than the other. Both are cool but both are totally in different classes. The Plaid is a different level of speed. The F12 isn't slow by any means but it's prestige and fit/finish is leaps and bounds beyond anything Tesla has and likely ever will produce. :cool:

Better audio was with Drag Times. 25 MPH head wind and 2100 DA. That headwind alone was making Plaids that day only do 145 to 146 MPH for perspective.

IMG_6746_2.jpg
IMG_6491.jpg

I definitely get that. I have a MYP and I love it, but sometimes, I still think about how fun my 1990 Celica GTS was to drive and modify or how dangerous and cool my '91 MR2 was. The sound, the vibration feel, getting the perfect rev match downshift, getting to know "moods" of the car given temps, humidity, etc. Reminds me of how Picard talks about the USS Stargazer.