TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The option to purchase FSD disappeared in MyTesla

Discussion in 'Model X' started by outie, Jun 24, 2018.

1. outie

outie Active Member

I am pretty sure there was an option to buy FSD in my Tesla account. I just checked tonight and it disappeared. Anyone else noticed this?

Does it have to do with EM announcing new FSD features and is going to jack up the price?

2. edlin303

edlin303 Member

I still have it on mine.

3. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Are you guys AP2 or AP2.5? :-/

4. edlin303

edlin303 Member

I have 2.5.

5. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

I have 2.0 and still have it on mine. Maybe you got a free upgrade ;)

6. Krazaak

Krazaak Member

It’s still there on mine as well, AP2.

7. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

It seems like it might just be a website bug with MCU2 recent builds.

8. DinoJuice

DinoJuice Member

Where do you see this option? I'm only a couple of days into owning my car, but I've never seen any areas in my account to trigger upgrades/etc.

There are some restrictions that prevent Tesla from selling service contracts online in WA state - wonder if there are similar restrictions that prevent them from offering online software upgrades? Seems crazy.

Nick

9. Sonic_78

Sonic_78 Member

Just took delivery of my X on June 7th and yeah, the option to buy FSD for $4,000 has gone poof from my profile page.... Lets speculate

• Like x 1
  10. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

1. Log into your Tesla account Tesla SSO – Login
    2. Find your car and click on "Manage"
    3. Scroll down. It should be below the Support section and above the Contact section.

If you continue scrolling down below Charging Installation and above My Documents, do you see an option to Purchase a Maintenance Plan or Extended Service agreement?

Speculation 1: All 2.5's came with FSD as standard equipment.
    Speculation 2: All 2.5's experienced cost cutting and FSD is no longer possible.

Except we have a 2.5 above that says he/she has the option.

So..
    Speculation 3: A group of owners are suing Tesla and the option to purchase has been removed from all those eligible to be included in the lawsuit to prevent a larger class action.
    Speculation 4: It's just a bug. Give it a couple of weeks or talk to your OA/SC/DS if you really want to buy it now.

• Like x 2
  11. manyarg

manyarg Member

Can you guys report your build date? I have a 2018 MX delivered on 6/13 and am also missing the option. Seems to be missing on MCU 2 builds.

12. kak1154

kak1154 Member

Mine is gone, too. MX production start 6/22/18, VIN 1019xx.

13. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Active Member

this one

14. manyarg

manyarg Member

15. Need

Need Active Member

I have old MCU 2017 build and I still have the option to buy.

16. MX108

MX108 Member

MCU 2 March 30th (2018) delivery and no more FSD option.

17. RayW

RayW Irritated

I have the option on mine -- Dec 2016 build MS.

What was the original price if purchased after delivery of the car? I thought it was $9,000 for EAP + FSD, but it now shows $10,000. EAP was not functional on AP2 cars in Dec 2016 so I didn't purchase it, got used to driving myself, and never got around to purchasing later.

18. edlin303

edlin303 Member

Pretty sure it's been 5k+3k at time of purchase, 6k+4k after, at least as long as I have been looking.

My ap2.5 I posted about above is MCU1. MCU2 seems like a likely pattern, so now random speculation on why: They goofed and MCU2 can't support it as it is now?

19. Deeppurple

Deeppurple Member

Thank god I ordered mine with FSD a few weeks ago, or is it too early to celebrate? I almost took it out of the cart, then put it back in after reading Elon's tweet that some FSD features might be coming this August. I love how Tesla is constantly innovating and evolving. MCU 3.0?

20. AdamHLG

AdamHLG Member

#20 AdamHLG, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    I have old MCU 2017 build and I still have the option to buy as well. (AP 2.5).

Here is my speculation. The FSD you thought you bought (or will buy) will not be 'true' FSD. Its not going to be door to door service no hands no nag. There will be feature split. Stuff that may or arguably should be EAP will now be FSD only. Chill everyone. Accept it. There is going to be a fork in the road and you can enable it to get more features than you would have under EAP if you don't have FSD enabled yet. But for this fork your blinker doesn't matter. Your cash does. (only those obsessed like me will catch that reference to "enable blinker to fork" from the tweeted image yesterday).

• Love x 1