TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

The ordering page now shows December delivery.

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Ronist, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Ronist

Ronist Member

I suspect new orders will be getting some updated hardware that is to be unveiled during the X reveal this evening.

2. anxman

anxman Member

I think assembly lines are just going to be overwhelmed by X production.

3. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

4. Ronist

Ronist Member

From what I understand, production ramp for the X will be slow at first.

5. GSP

GSP Member

6. vgrinshpun

vgrinshpun Supporting Member

Model X body in white (BIW) is being built on the new BIW production line, while Model S bodies are being built on the old (existing) BIW line. After MX and MS bodies are built on the separate lines, they go into paointing and into a common final assembly line, at which point interiors, glass, battery and drivetrain, among other things are assembled into the painted bodies of MS and MX.

7. Rafik

Rafik Member

I doubt X production has much to do with it - Tesla made quite clear that model S production was ramped up in overdrive this past month or so to deliver as many cars before the end of the fiscal quarter this month - now that that's over I suspect production is just easing back into the normal swing of things.