TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The "other" Tesla grin!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Mike_Schlechter, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Mike_Schlechter

Mike_Schlechter Model S - P457

I had a Tesla Grin in my first ride way back in the Spring of '09 when I got a ride in an Alpha. I had a HUGE Tesla Grin when I drove a car at the Get Amped event this summer.

I got my "time to deliver" email today, and seem to have a whole new Tesla Grin. Sure, I don't have the car yet, and I have to work out some financing matters, but I'm beaming! Two people have commented.

So, I'm dubbing this the "Other Tesla Grin;" The one you get after years of patiently waiting, when you know the wait is basically over!

2. contaygious

contaygious Active Member

Congrats! What's your config?

3. Zextraterrestrial

#3 Zextraterrestrial, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    Me too :biggrin: no working today (productively, anyway)
    finally time to test the 300 mile trip to the bay area

I guess i'll be driving a Tesla down and back to the Bay Area for X-mas now!! (In addition to just back home)

4. Mike_Schlechter

Mike_Schlechter Model S - P457

85kWh, Green, tan, Obeche matte, pano, tech.

I am utterly unable to concentrate. I'm pacing waiting for this call from Tesla to finalize details.

5. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

Please post pics when it arrives! I'm heavily leaning green. Congratulations!

6. nrcooled

nrcooled P#8946 VIN 03225

Congrats! I've had the Tesla grin today too for something much smaller. I can't imagine how I'll feel when I get the time to deliver email.

7. kcveins

kcveins delivery 2/7

Yes please post pics :smile:
    I can't decide between Green/Tan or Blue/Black!

8. Zextraterrestrial

Those were the two color combos I wanted but couldn't decide, I got grey since I've never had a grey car
    I think they are really nice

9. kcveins

kcveins delivery 2/7

Grey looked very nice, but was looking for a change - my 2004 TSX is grey...

10. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

Why not Blue/Tan! (popular combo for Ferraris)

11. kcveins

kcveins delivery 2/7

I don't know; it looked good (that was the combo that I got to test drive at Oakbrook during the Get Amped Tour) but it just didn't grab me. I am leaning more towards the Blue/Black due to the rugrats (7 yo and 4 yo boys :smile:)

12. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

I take some comfort in hearing that I'm not the only one who might as well not have showed up at the office today. :biggrin: 85kWh, Green, tan, lacewood, pano, tech, sound+, 19", armor.

13. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

That's me! Blue/Tan. The wife doesn't agree but she gets to decide on the X. This one mine. Glad to hear I'm not the only Blue/Tan guy.