Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The P85 is now obsolete.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny, just yesterday I had a guy, a car buff with a Jaguar follow me after parking to discuss my Model S. The common thread always ends up with a question about the value of the Model S in the future, to which my answer is always, "not sure, due to technology only getting better". So, agreeing with a another reply to this thread, I think the next time, I would lease and not purchase a tech car like a Tesla. Make sense?

There is no reason to sell my P85 until there are larger capacity batteries and probably a version 2.0 Model S redesign inside and out. When it does come time to sell, I'm pretty confident that the P85 will carry resale values between the S85/D and P85D, where the performance gap will be nicely filled by the P85. When you are buying the P85D, you are buying it for the performance and not necessarily the AWD. Not everyone needs or wants AWD. If you're looking at 0-60 times, the P85 will hold its own resale value because doing away with it has left a performance gap.

I also paid about $10,000 less for my configuration than those who received the autopilot, so the autopilot pricing differential is somewhat built-in.

You put the order of value

S85 / S85D
P85
P85D

me I would put the P85 between the S85 and S85D in value

S85
P85
S85D
P85D

I'd rather have the range the S85D offers than the acceleration the P offers. Top speed doesn't matter to me but the S85D is higher than the P on that as well.