Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Perfect concept EVTown

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As some of the Illinios folks know, Normal IL is "EVTown". I am a bit frustrated with the lack of laws and pushes to EVs in our town... I am now going to be invited to the meetings. I thought to myself, " This is my chance to see how much can be done to push people into Electric vehicles.
What I have thought of so far is:
Ask and request Electric vehicles only sold in cali, Honda Fit EV, Chevy Spark EV, Honda Accord plug-in, etc.
Advertise more electric cars
Substidize some of the cost
A Carbon Tax!!!! maybe... like .02 a gallon or equal to like 20 million! invest it into substidizing and solar energy

Any other thoughts? How do you picture creating an EVTown?

As some of the Illinios folks know, Normal IL is "EVTown". I am a bit frustrated with the lack of laws and pushes to EVs in our town... I am now going to be invited to the meetings. I thought to myself, " This is my chance to see how much can be done to push people into Electric vehicles.
What I have thought of so far is:
Ask and request Electric vehicles only sold in cali, Honda Fit EV, Chevy Spark EV, Honda Accord plug-in, etc.
Advertise more electric cars
Substidize some of the cost
A Carbon Tax!!!! maybe... like .02 a gallon or equal to like 20 million! invest it into substidizing and solar energy

Any other thoughts? How do you picture creating an EVTown?

I don't quite understand the question but I don't think some of the stuff is possible. For example, the EVs being sold only in California is because those companies are doing it for the ZEV credits unfortunately. ZEV credits have to be done at state level.

Subsidizing cars may also might be too much for a town.

I think what needs to be up to the town is promoting infrastructure build out. Making laws that 25% of new parking spaces must be hooked up with electricity.(They don't need to buy the chargers but at least have all the electrical work there). Making provisions for current parking spaces to have electrical work done without any BS. Maybe subsidizing build out of current parking spaces with EV chargers.

Other things would be nice, but if a town does the above. That would be more then most people can ask for.