Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Perfect Tesla Raffle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, let's piggyback on this meetup. I will have the Prius next weekend, so nothing to show, but will swing by 9am-ish and will hang out til 10:30-ish to get some vicarious Tesla-time with whatever roadsters, Ss and Xs show up :) Can I have 2 stickers please? One for my Prius and one for my S? I will wear my awesome Moscow Tesla Club polo shirt and whatever other Tesla swag is weather appropriate :), so I should be easy to find.
  • Saturday, May 13, 2017
    8:00 AM

• Corner Bakery
    10327 Westlake Dr., Bethesda, MD (map)

• Where it’s been all along: The Corner Bakery at 10327 Westlake Drive right next to Montgomery Mall. We’ll also be sticking to our traditional times of 8:00am to 10:00am with plenty of parking and the mellowest bunch of car crazies in the region.

Ok, let's piggyback on this meetup. I will have the Prius next weekend, so nothing to show, but will swing by 9am-ish and will hang out til 10:30-ish to get some vicarious Tesla-time with whatever roadsters, Ss and Xs show up :) Can I have 2 stickers please? One for my Prius and one for my S? I will wear my awesome Moscow Tesla Club polo shirt and whatever other Tesla swag is weather appropriate :), so I should be easy to find.
  • Saturday, May 13, 2017
    8:00 AM

• Corner Bakery
    10327 Westlake Dr., Bethesda, MD (map)

• Where it’s been all along: The Corner Bakery at 10327 Westlake Drive right next to Montgomery Mall. We’ll also be sticking to our traditional times of 8:00am to 10:00am with plenty of parking and the mellowest bunch of car crazies in the region.

Perfect! See you then!

Alan

P.S. As I recall, you once expressed interested in taking a P100D for a spin...?! :)

P.P.S. Definitely two stickers! Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: MMC- and CatB
What?? :eek: I did not know this existed! o_O I'll going to make it down there on Saturday.

I'm always open to some sort of Telsa comradery!

Alan, If you could also bring me a sticker I'd me honored to sport it on the back of my S to Custer next week also. I'm going the northern route out I-90 leaving Tuesday AM.

Thanks!!!

Perfect! See you then!

Alan

P.S. As I recall, you once expressed interested in taking a P100D for a spin...?! :)

P.P.S. Definitely two stickers! Thanks!

@MMC - cool! I got a bunch of decals this morning and will bring the entire 40-pack. Definitely some for CatB, for you and for another guy who poked me last night.

Cool stuff happening from these... people stopping me in the middle of traffic, people button-holing me in stores. PeterK reporting people talking to him in various settings. Practically playing "where's waldo?" with my wife... when I see a ticket come in marked with something like, "heard about you from a car", I write back and ask... "Red Tesla parked outside Lexington, MA Starbucks"... I know right away that that's The Wife. :)

For me, these things are like the raffle itself: they sorta "grant permission" to have conversations that may initially be about the raffle but ultimately there's a chance to work in a few words about carbon pricing. Strangely, most people don't want to start out a conversation with a discussion of carbon emissions and harnessing the marketplace to help solve that problem. :)

Thanks,
Alan

Hi @Pollux , I just heard from Abby at www.carbonraffle.org because she found my new blog at Electric Travels

I see there is a new Tesla raffle going on with the drawlng in about a month. Good luck with the raffle!

Hi, @ecarfan! Yup, this is our second raffle; drawing is July 4th @ 7:30 pm ET. Grand Prize is an S or X @ $120K + we pay $40K federal income tax payment = $160K. $120K just for the car!!

2nd & 3rd - early Model 3 reservations + $1K deposits + $10K cash (2nd) or $5K cash (3rd) + more federal income tax payments at $3666 (2nd) or $2000 (3rd) = $14,666 (2nd) or $8,000 (3rd). Or if you don't want to buy a Model 3, take cash.

And then three cash prizes.

I'm pretty proud of the prizes! :)

We've added a speedometer to the website to address that frequently asked question, "how many tickets have you sold?" :)

Alan

P.S. Where are my manners?! Thank you, kind sir!

OK folks, we're getting down to crunch time. It's two weeks until the drawing and ticket sales deadline, and we've still got over 800 tickets to sell. Climate XChange's efforts are moving things forward, to wit, a public hearing on the two carbon pricing bills at the state house this afternoon. 800 tickets is an additional $200,000 to fund additional studies, organize additional hearings and briefings for legislators, and to continue and expand the State Carbon Pricing Network that is supporting and sharing information with similar efforts in 17 other states.

Please consider buying another ticket, or share the website on Facebook, Twitter, your favorite social media, email, megaphone, whatever. This is the final stretch and we very much appreciate your support.
-Peter

Climate XChange Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle

Reactions: boofagle
Is anyone out there going to TMC Connect this weekend? I would love to go but have family obligations, nor can Alan make it. It would be great if you all could spread the word out there, and help TMC members reduce our 800 tickets remaining to something under 500 or even sell out! Thanks in advance.

Also, for those wondering what the funds raised go to, here's a photo of an important committee meeting yesterday at the MA State House. The room was completely packed, and CXC helped line up speakers on the climate, economics, jobs and health impacts of the bills, along with speakers from various climate interest groups.

Thanks,
Peter
IMG_8321.JPG

Reactions: CatB and Pollux
Is anyone out there going to TMC Connect this weekend? I would love to go but have family obligations, nor can Alan make it. It would be great if you all could spread the word out there, and help TMC members reduce our 800 tickets remaining to something under 500 or even sell out! Thanks in advance.

Also, for those wondering what the funds raised go to, here's a photo of an important committee meeting yesterday at the MA State House. The room was completely packed, and CXC helped line up speakers on the climate, economics, jobs and health impacts of the bills, along with speakers from various climate interest groups.

Thanks,
Peter
View attachment 232182

Not to mention, CXC was heavily involved in the design and text for S.1821 and H.1726, the bills actually being reviewed at this hearing, funded the econometric reports that the bills are based on, funds grassroots efforts, sets up educational lobby days at the state house, is in frequent communication with key senators and representatives and their staff, and so on and so forth, ad infinitum et ad nauseum.

Alan

47 tickets left.

While the last date and time for Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle ticket sales is nominally Tuesday, July 4th @ 2 pm ET, it looks like we're going to sell out before that. Ticket sales close once we reach 2500.

Drawing is Tuesday, July 4th @ 7:30 p.m. BBQ starts at 5:30 p.m. Please RSVP through the website, carbonraffle.org. I hope whoever wins Grand Prize, 2nd and 3rd will each give me a ride in their cars. :) Doesn't matter that I have my own, I still love getting rides!

Thanks,
Alan

• Love
Reactions: ModelX
Sold out. Thank you! As in, Thank You, TMC!

Drawing is tonight @ 7:30. BBQ @ 5:30. After the drawing, you could walk down to the Esplanade and enjoy the fireworks and listen to the Boston Pops! Please RSVP on the website (carbonraffle.org) if you plan to attend. We *will* be checking a list at the entrance. Admission is free. You do NOT have to be a raffle ticket holder to RSVP and attend. Families welcome!

Alan