Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The perfect wallet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need a new wallet....badly. It's 18 years old and barely holding together.

But I want to get a wallet that has an outside pocket for the Model 3 key card, so I can just place my wallet up against the B-pillar, instead of removing the card from the wallet.

Anyone have any suggestions of what wallet to get? I assume one of those RFID blockers would NOT be the right choice, even though it seems like a good idea otherwise. I also don't know if I really need one with an outside pocket, or if the signal is strong enough to reach through an interior pocket of the wallet, provided its the furthermost to the outside?

Any links or suggestions would be helpful. I won't be getting my Model 3 until the SR battery finally gets made. So maybe May or June, so I got time, but I want to be ready in case my current wallet breaks tomorrow.

I need a new wallet....badly. It's 18 years old and barely holding together.

But I want to get a wallet that has an outside pocket for the Model 3 key card, so I can just place my wallet up against the B-pillar, instead of removing the card from the wallet.

Anyone have any suggestions of what wallet to get? I assume one of those RFID blockers would NOT be the right choice, even though it seems like a good idea otherwise. I also don't know if I really need one with an outside pocket, or if the signal is strong enough to reach through an interior pocket of the wallet, provided its the furthermost to the outside?

Any links or suggestions would be helpful. I won't be getting my Model 3 until the SR battery finally gets made. So maybe May or June, so I got time, but I want to be ready in case my current wallet breaks tomorrow.

zerOz: Less wallet - more cool.

I have a simple Bifold leather wallet with the key card in the middle. Also have 10+ other cards, pictures and money in there and it works 100% of the time from both sides.

Wallet.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Travelambo-M...&nodeID=7072333011&psd=1&keywords=wallet&th=1

$10 from Amazon. I've had one similar to this for 2.5 years now and it's been through multiple jobs from sweaty warehouse, office positions and truck driving. I crawl around under the vehicles with it in my pocket and throw it all over the place when I want it out of my pocket. Basically for $10 and it's the best wallet investment I've made. I wanted the minimal approach because I always shove everything in it and carry cards I don't need. I carry 3 IDs, 2 credit, 1 debit, handful of business cards and some cash and hardly notice it until I'm in that awkward slump on the couch.