Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Performance Upgrade Package Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called Tesla support today regarding pricing when adding performance upgrade package. Was told that pricing for items like paint and destination fee will be based on order date. So if completed order before night time on 8/2, price will remain the same. It doesn’t reflect that on their system whenever updating “because of a glitch”, but destination advisor will have appropriate billing statement.

Wait really? So just changing it on the website, even when it says you'll be charged more, won't apply in the final price? Hmm...

Wait really? So just changing it on the website, even when it says you'll be charged more, won't apply in the final price? Hmm...
That is what the Tesla support rep said. I would call, may take an hour, and make them put a note in your order. ;):D I don’t have a vin yet so I’m not sure if it’s different if you have one (think there is a $500 change fee after given vin).

Update: Got my confirmation today that my P3D is now has the Performance Upgrade. Unfortunately, it delayed my Sept/Nov time frame to Oct/Dec. :(

Hopefully, it'll deliver in October in time for my birthday! :D

I'm taking delivery of my non PUP. After long deliberations, I decided to go with non PUP. Reasons: I live in the pot hole ridden midwest and lose a wheel or two every winter. I def want to run 18" in winter. I'm upgrading from my RWD M3 that had 19" wheels I kept and will use those in summer. If better braking and suspension is desired, there's better choices for less than $5K from Mountain Pass Performance. It's a complex conversation for another thread, but the PUP drops the car 10mm, which isn't much. The non PUP is also slightly lowered vs RWD, but due to a little extra weight.

If you want to take the P to the track, get the non PUP package and go aftermarket wheels, suspension and brake rotors. If you're NOT going to track it, and need 18" wheels for winter tires or pothole duty, then get non-PUP too. If you live in an area without snow, with smooth streets, and want the "P" look, then get the PUP.

I'm taking delivery of my non PUP. After long deliberations, I decided to go with non PUP. Reasons: I live in the pot hole ridden midwest and lose a wheel or two every winter. I def want to run 18" in winter. I'm upgrading from my RWD M3 that had 19" wheels I kept and will use those in summer. If better braking and suspension is desired, there's better choices for less than $5K from Mountain Pass Performance. It's a complex conversation for another thread, but the PUP drops the car 10mm, which isn't much. The non PUP is also slightly lowered vs RWD, but due to a little extra weight.

If you want to take the P to the track, get the non PUP package and go aftermarket wheels, suspension and brake rotors. If you're NOT going to track it, and need 18" wheels for winter tires or pothole duty, then get non-PUP too. If you live in an area without snow, with smooth streets, and want the "P" look, then get the PUP.

That is a great post and I agree with you. That is what is pushing me non + but I like the look of the brakes and live in TPA so no winters.

True, but the very SERIOUS enthusiasts aren’t going to take to the track with the PUP. Instead they’ll upgrade brakes, suspension, rotors, etc. Tesla won’t be stupid enough to handicap this group w/o Track Mode as they go up against BMW. In the end, Tesla wants to see M3s beating ICE M3s and it will be the aftermarket guys who do it.

True, but the very SERIOUS enthusiasts aren’t going to take to the track with the PUP. Instead they’ll upgrade brakes, suspension, rotors, etc. Tesla won’t be stupid enough to handicap this group w/o Track Mode as they go up against BMW. In the end, Tesla wants to see M3s beating ICE M3s and it will be the aftermarket guys who do it.
True. But let’s say the track mode is limited to the P3D+ package only, wouldn’t that make it more desirable in the second hand market?

Reactions: Sg911 and MP3Mike