Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Pickup Truck That Can Carry a Pickup Truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thing:

truck.JPG

Now that's a badass pickup.

Nah, its doable. Take the base tractor, remove the forward rear axle and 2 motors along with kingpin and aero wings and add a box. Better make the box self lifting, cause that load height is crazy!

Related, at what point does Tesla sell cab on chassis units to 3rd party upfitters?
Not only doable but...
In the UAE, parts of other countries like the US and Canada people already buy tricked out F350’s and the like. A giant-sized pickup with astounding range and the four independent driving wheels with torque update just like Model S, thousands of times per minute...

That could easily sell a few thousand with minimal incremental R&D. I am confident this will happen. It will sell more than Roadster.

Crazy, yes. Maybe a decade living in The Gulf has warped my mind.:rolleyes: Anyway, it will happen!

Not only doable but...
In the UAE, parts of other countries like the US and Canada people already buy tricked out F350’s and the like. A giant-sized pickup with astounding range and the four independent driving wheels with torque update just like Model S, thousands of times per minute...

That could easily sell a few thousand with minimal incremental R&D. I am confident this will happen. It will sell more than Roadster.

Crazy, yes. Maybe a decade living in The Gulf has warped my mind.:rolleyes: Anyway, it will happen!

Pickup would definitely need 4WD for Michigan. It looked like the Semi was RWD only, was that your take?

Personally, I would like to see a 6x6 Unimog type version. :D

Reactions: jbcarioca
Pickup would definitely need 4WD for Michigan. It looked like the Semi was RWD only, was that your take?

Personally, I would like to see a 6x6 Unimog type version. :D
Each of the four rear wheels had an independent motor. So four wheel drive but not AWD. I wonder how much advantage torque management like that could have. A Tesla Service Tech told me the Model S torque levels were updated 10,000 times per minute. That could be magical with Semi and Pickup, maybe. I do not pretend to know, other than that the AWD Model S is quite outstanding in snow. Could this be better?

Each of the four rear wheels had an independent motor. So four wheel drive but not AWD. I wonder how much advantage torque management like that could have. A Tesla Service Tech told me the Model S torque levels were updated 10,000 times per minute. That could be magical with Semi and Pickup, maybe. I do not pretend to know, other than that the AWD Model S is quite outstanding in snow. Could this be better?

If the pickup had dual rear axles, you could get some tank style steering out of it (lever arm disparity). Not sure how much you could redirect the front end though... 4WD/AWD/FWD is handy for pulling the front end around when on a slope or in deep snow/ slush. (or when going from a dirt side road to paved, back wheels spinning and front wheels pulling)

Nah, its doable. Take the base tractor, remove the forward rear axle and 2 motors along with kingpin and aero wings and add a box. Better make the box self lifting, cause that load height is crazy!

Related, at what point does Tesla sell cab on chassis units to 3rd party upfitters?

Of course it's doable. This isn't the truck designed to complete with f150 though. Maybe they'll make it but your average weekend warrior doesn't need a 15 foot box.