Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The poor kid got Teslafied

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They say that kids are the most honest. Recently I took my buddy and his five year old daughter for an impromptu ride in my silver metallic 2017 100D. My buddy and his wife have a nice late model Mercedes SUV that is all loaded up, so the kid is used to decent rides. I smiled as I listened to her squeals of delight and her clapping for the speedy acceleration and the voice command Taylor Swift song we pulled up. And I grinned to see her awe at the big screen, pano roof and EA. Or maybe I was grinning at my buddy sweating as he pondered a potential six figure cash outlay in his future. "Wow", was pretty much all he could manage to say until our ride wrapped up.

That's when the tears began. "I don't want to leave, daddy. Why can't we get one of these, daddy?" My buddy had no luck extracting his Teslafied daughter from the car, so we had to call in the heavy artillery and get mom out to complete the mission. The kid was looking for anything to grab to stay in the car, but alas, I now know why Tesla opted not to put in ceiling grab handles. For situations just like this. Mom peeled her daughter out of the car, but not without a barrage of tears.

"Sorry," was pretty much all I could say to my bewildered buddy and his flabbergasted wife. "I think I just ruined cars for Viv." I could see Mom quickly internally calculating a six figure repositioning of assets or a six figure debt obligation in the future, and she speedily wrapped up the visit. Lucky for mom that she didn't go on the ride, otherwise they'd likely have an order in for a Tesla!

A short while later I used my first supercharger up in NH, and got a shout out from a group of young ladies crammed into a Toyota zipping by. "We love your Teslas!" one of the girls screamed as they drove off. I looked over at the other dude charging his car, and he gave me a small, knowing nod, as if to say, "Welcome to Tesla ownership."