Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The positive side of not getting an invite

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a day one reservation holder, in store (@Fremont no less) and after yesterday’s flood of invites, I am still dry. If I had received an invite I would have ordered right away.

However since I’m at the bottom of this bucket, I’m starting to think that maybe AWD and white interior *may* be available when my turn arrives. “I’m so far behind that I might be ahead” is the only thing I can think of at this point.

~ Eternal Optimist

I am a day one reservation holder, in store (@Fremont no less) and after yesterday’s flood of invites, I am still dry. If I had received an invite I would have ordered right away.

However since I’m at the bottom of this bucket, I’m starting to think that maybe AWD and white interior *may* be available when my turn arrives. “I’m so far behind that I might be ahead” is the only thing I can think of at this point.

~ Eternal Optimist

I have a feeling they will open up new options to people in the same order they did the initial invites. For example... AWD to employees, then owners, etc. So you may be waiting even longer, unfortunately.

Reactions: Pkmmte
I have a feeling they will open up new options to people in the same order they did the initial invites. For example... AWD to employees, then owners, etc. So you may be waiting even longer, unfortunately.
That may be, but it will be quick once they make it public. I would expect maybe a week from the first word on an option to everyone able to configure it. On the other hand it could be a long long time between configure of a new option and delivery. Imagine 30,000 AWD configures with a production volume of 1000 parts per month because of the supply limitations of parts needed for the AWD cars.

Rumor was going around that it would be available in the second week of April but would cost an extra $3,500.

I heard about that too but I believe it's clearly a rumor with no true backing. The PUP is already charging for premium vegan seating so don't think charging $3500 more for color is reasonable. Without PUP maybe in the future they will charge $3300 for premium seating as a standalone option like the S and X and get to choose interior color without additional cost. Will have to wait and see, but the rumor of $3500 in addition to PUP cost will leave a sour taste about Tesla's price gouging to me if true.

Reactions: 03DSG
Maybe the 3,500 is accurate but you'll have a choice of that or black at the same or similar price and maybe a multi-pattern fabric at a lower cost to choose from. That would be nice and not as large of an interior option choice as on the MS/X lines but still enough for most people. I'm hopeful once production takes off in April, that they'll present all the options for the AWD version.

I drove 3 hours each way to the closest store and waited in line for a few more to make a reservation on the 31st.

I've never been so disappointed in a company I've defended time and again over the the last 6 years, all because I'm in the wrong part of the country.

• Helpful
Reactions: geometro
I drove 3 hours each way to the closest store and waited in line for a few more to make a reservation on the 31st.

I've never been so disappointed in a company I've defended time and again over the the last 6 years, all because I'm in the wrong part of the country.

Not sure there is a “right” part... I’m 30mins from the factory and 10mins from the Palo Alto HQ and nothing.