TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

The Process to Tesla ownership

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by JeffBC, Apr 28, 2013.

1. JeffBC

JeffBC New Member

Tonight I officially began the process to Tesla ownership:

Nema14-50R.JPG

This springs project was to finish the interior of the garage... seemed logical to install the NEMA 14-50R now. Anything else I should do to prepare?

-JeffBC

2. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Find a hobby to keep you occupied for the next two months or you'll spend every spare moment on this forum! I ordered a 50 amp, 30 ft rv extension cord on Amazon. Figure it could come in handy if i ever need to use someone's dryer outlet to charge. I also ordered nice floor mats (I ordered the ones from Tesla). I also ordered a ChargePoint card...other than those little "accessory" things, an outlet and the car and you should be set!

3. Soflason

Soflason Member

Congrats, just be prepared for lots of extra attention and questions surrounding the Model S! :biggrin:

4. bhuwan

bhuwan Active Member

congrats!!

5. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

You're missing a few items

• dual pole 50 amp breaker
    • clamps for the knockout in the recepticle box (you don't want wire going through the knockout without a clamp, over time that may wear and short=fire!)
    • clamps for knockout in the breaker box
    • staples for affixing the 6/3 cable to your house framing
    • screws (hah, ok I'll assuming you have some of these....lol)

6. JeffBC

JeffBC New Member

Luckily, I already had all that lying around... just needed $99 worth of 6/3 cable, $8.01 NEMA 14-50R, $5.67 wall box and a $1.80 wall plate - a $114.48 charging solution :smile:

7. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

Living in the Northeast if you are getting 21" wheel/tire set you might want to get some 19" wheels and order some all season or snow tires now. Off season you can get some good deals on snows at tire rack.