Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Pub - OT posts and discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your mother was only partly right. The apostrophe is also used to indicate possession, in simplest of terms it goes before the s for a single possession, after the s for plural possessions. There are of course exceptions (!), e.g. if the word already ends in an s, or if it is different in its plural form. And, as shown in the previous sentence, “its” indicating possession does not have an apostrophe, where as “it’s” meaning “it is” does. English is a wonderful language!

You can argue that all you want, but the second clause is not independent. It has no subject.
It depends whether you consider that an independent clause can have an implied subject. In the context of that sentence I believe it can. I appreciate what you are saying albeit the nuances are arguable, as I mentioned initially. Too boring now :)

Going to Audi for a moment, good grief this looks good. Albeit expensive

I think it looks better than the Taycan, but the interior looks a bit pretentious. UI still looks like an awkward mix of analogue/digital. Why do they insist on taking up half the centre console with a gear selector in an EV? The display menus remind me a bit of a Nintendo Switch. Not quite large enough and a bit too much menu shuffling involved.

Reactions: Obliter8
According to the WhatCar the RS version will start at around £116,000 while Autocar has it priced at £130,000, so definitely not cheap and right in the Model S tri-motor price range (though without the range).

I think it looks better than the Taycan, but the interior looks a bit pretentious. UI still looks like an awkward mix of analogue/digital. Why do they insist on taking up half the centre console with a gear selector in an EV? The display menus remind me a bit of a Nintendo Switch. Not quite large enough and a bit too much menu shuffling involved.
You still need to put an ev in gear? I think the interior looks great. Not everyone wants a car completely controlled by a touch screen, people want more traditional controls.

In fact, I DO have a car controlled by a touch screen and certain controls I wish were physical.

Reactions: Jez_GB
Elon doesn't think so... remember he was suggesting the car using it's various inputs to decide for you which way you're going for you, on the new X and S?

Just because I recall the above, doesn't mean I think it's a good idea.
Exactly! Just because Elon thinks something doesn't mean it's a good idea. Or, it probably IS a good idea but it may not be popular. Boring though it may be, EVs have to be popular over being exciting. Not all of course, but the majority. In order to sell.

Going to Audi for a moment, good grief this looks good. Albeit expensive

Wow! It looks good. Probably too expensive to be a Model 3 rival but I wonder how Tesla will fare once competition heats up. They have first mover advantage for a lot of things but I hope they figure out their body build issues soon because the other will eventually catch up with the tech etc.