Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The quest for wider wheels and tires, 295, 305 and beyond...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, et30 works better for that size. I don't understand why few people told me it's completely fine to use 35. I'm glad I took 30.

5mm spacer with aftermarket brake rotors already require you to change studs, because they won't be long enough.

I did confirm that a 275/35/19 on a 19x10 +35 fit (It was close, though!), so I assumed that a 275/35/19 on my 19x9.5 +35 should fit no issue.

The difference is the tire. The person I confirmed this with is running a RE71R's, so it appears the Falken runs just a bit wide. It's all good, a 5mm spacer will do the trick.

I did confirm that a 275/35/19 on a 19x10 +35 fit (It was close, though!), so I assumed that a 275/35/19 on my 19x9.5 +35 should fit no issue.

The difference is the tire. The person I confirmed this with is running a RE71R's, so it appears the Falken runs just a bit wide. It's all good, a 5mm spacer will do the trick.
Again, don't forget studs if your brake rotors are stock.

Got a square setup of 295/35/18 Yoko A052's on the car. 18x10.5 ET25 in the front and 18x11 ET40 in the rear (with 3mm spacers).

-3.2 degrees of front camber and -2.4 in the rear.

View attachment 645878

Could you please share more detail on this fitment? I'm trying to figure out exact specs to get a 295-wide tire on a 10.5-wide wheel for autox with stock P brakes.

Are those 3mm spacers just in the back or both?
Your AP brakes(?) also seemingly push the wheels out by 3-ish mm compared to stock Performance, is that about right?
How much clearance is there between the tire/suspension and wheel/suspension?
Thanks!

Currently running RE 71r in 265/35/19 on +35 offset wheels. I am looking at 660s or a052 in 275/35/19 but am not sure they will fit one which tire to choose. Are the 660s coming in wider than REs in 265? Maybe I will just stay with that...

Could you please share more detail on this fitment? I'm trying to figure out exact specs to get a 295-wide tire on a 10.5-wide wheel for autox with stock P brakes.

Are those 3mm spacers just in the back or both?
Your AP brakes(?) also seemingly push the wheels out by 3-ish mm compared to stock Performance, is that about right?
How much clearance is there between the tire/suspension and wheel/suspension?
Thanks!

3mm Spacers in the rear only. AP Rotors push out about 5mm. There is about 1-2mm of clearance on the front axle. Rear has plenty!

• Informative
Reactions: MODEL+ and dsgerbc
Gonna bump this to share my ongoing experience.
Not having AP/MPP rotors on my P, the verified front 18x10.5 +25 dekagram fitment meant I needed effectively a +20/+21 offset wheel, which would have required a 4-5mm spacer and, as a result, longer studs.

So, I decided to try something else first, while still shooting for a square setup that I could rotate front/back.

So, I tested Enkei PF01 in 18x10.5 +38, with a pair of 15mm adapters for the front. I already had 1,2,and 3mm spacers. So, I was hoping to test front effective offsets between +20 and +23, picking the tightest possible on the inside, in hopes of gaining a mm or two of fender clearance.

Sadly, the pockets in PF01s between the stud holes where the OEM studs (sticking through the adapter) would tuck in are kinda shallow. One could probably make the 15mm+3mm fitment work if one grinds off some ~1-1.5mm-high stamping present on bottoms of all the pockets. Maybe 15mm+2mm, if one also shaves OEM stud tops by a mm.

Kinda on the fence now again, since I'm not a fan of shaving stuff. Might just get the MPP rotors and the dekagrams.

Gonna bump this to share my ongoing experience.
Not having AP/MPP rotors on my P, the verified front 18x10.5 +25 dekagram fitment meant I needed effectively a +20/+21 offset wheel, which would have required a 4-5mm spacer and, as a result, longer studs.

So, I decided to try something else first, while still shooting for a square setup that I could rotate front/back.

So, I tested Enkei PF01 in 18x10.5 +38, with a pair of 15mm adapters for the front. I already had 1,2,and 3mm spacers. So, I was hoping to test front effective offsets between +20 and +23, picking the tightest possible on the inside, in hopes of gaining a mm or two of fender clearance.

Sadly, the pockets in PF01s between the stud holes where the OEM studs (sticking through the adapter) would tuck in are kinda shallow. One could probably make the 15mm+3mm fitment work if one grinds off some ~1-1.5mm-high stamping present on bottoms of all the pockets. Maybe 15mm+2mm, if one also shaves OEM stud tops by a mm.

Kinda on the fence now again, since I'm not a fan of shaving stuff. Might just get the MPP rotors and the dekagrams.
That is good information - I know I could dig for it but maybe you or someone knows here, what is the difference in fitment with the Performance rotor vs. non performance rotor as far as offset? I am on the standard brakes on my stealth model. I am looking to go with the 18x10.5 +25 wheel as well and hoping that I can just go square with 295 also. From everyone I have talked to, it sounds like I'll be okay with my camber (I am running -3.3 up front and -2.5 in the back).

That is good information - I know I could dig for it but maybe you or someone knows here, what is the difference in fitment with the Performance rotor vs. non performance rotor as far as offset? I am on the standard brakes on my stealth model. I am looking to go with the 18x10.5 +25 wheel as well and hoping that I can just go square with 295 also. From everyone I have talked to, it sounds like I'll be okay with my camber (I am running -3.3 up front and -2.5 in the back).
Camber helps with fender clearance.
I think the non-P rotor pushes things out by ~3mm compared to the P. The MPP rotor - by 4mm, the AP rotor (per MasterC17's post above) by 5mm.
So, compared to the 18x10.5 +25 fitment on MPP/AP rotors, you'd have the wheel 1-2mm inward. It's gonna be tight. My bet is that you'd be fine, just barely, but post here later.

I think the non-P rotor pushes things out by ~3mm compared to the P. The MPP rotor - by 4mm, the AP rotor (per MasterC17's post above) by 5mm.
So, compared to the 18x10.5 +25 fitment on MPP/AP rotors, you'd have the wheel 1-2mm inward. It's gonna be tight. My bet is that you'd be fine, just barely, but post here later.
I'll definitely post when I have everything.

Performance rotor hat is around 4mm thinner than non performance. AP hat is about same thickness as non performance and MPP 2 piece rotor hat is about 0.5mm to 1mm thicker than AP hat.

It's super easy to press studs into the hubs. This is what we have all done to simplify this issue. You can use S550 Mustang extended studs or Camaro studs. Camaro is definitely a tighter fit.

I can confirm the 275/35/18 660 fits on my +25. These tires seem very wide for a 275 but I think as some have mentioned, a 2mm'ish spacer might be needed in the front (on my stock base model rotor). I can't wait to get this thing out on course!

So, I happen to own a set of brand new 275/40/20 Nexen SUR4G that were intended for a previous car. Present car is a dead stock 3P with the 20” überturbines.

275s will go on the 9” wheels…they’re the widest that’ll fit. But will they fit on the unmodified car? Anyone out there tried a similar size? I’m going to run the Pirellis til I need to change em but I’d hate to waste four good tires.

So, I happen to own a set of brand new 275/40/20 Nexen SUR4G that were intended for a previous car. Present car is a dead stock 3P with the 20” überturbines.

275s will go on the 9” wheels…they’re the widest that’ll fit. But will they fit on the unmodified car? Anyone out there tried a similar size? I’m going to run the Pirellis til I need to change em but I’d hate to waste four good tires.
Should fit fine.

Reactions: Chados
91E48B93-EEE8-4B9F-A94A-8100AA3C7B02.jpeg

295/30/18 on 18x10.5 +25 OEM grey brakes. Only -2.3 degrees up front, -2.2 degrees in rear. No spacers and no rubbing. Huge thanks to Tom for letting me use these at solo nationals. I was really skeptical about running these with little camber.

(pic right before RX7 behind me won ASP and sprayed champagne all over my car :0)