Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The quest for wider wheels and tires, 295, 305 and beyond...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I flipped mine after ~4 events. Wore perfectly even. one or three small spots of delamination occurring on the edge when I could feel it getting squishy from heat in the rear.
Sur4g? on track or autox? what camber? I think we'd need to flip every two events to really get the life out. 4 events and mine are done on the outside edge. running -3.1 camber for two events and -3,7 for the other two.

Here's our wider wheel setup from Aspira Forged AF-10. These were designed and load rated for the model 3. They've been getting put through their paces by our buddies as seen below.

Screensaver:
View attachment 767776

ALL MPP rotors or BBK

@mcbarnet007 18x10.5 with a 3-5mm spacer iirc along with some upright and fender mod. Sporting A052 295/35/18. No spacer in rear.

View attachment 767764

@TacoSteve running 18x10.5 with 5mm slip on spacers up front. Upright and fender mod. No spacer or fender mods in the rear.
- Nexen Sur4G 275/40/18 which seem to run wide. As wide as my Falken 510 295's.

View attachment 767762

@izetm3 on IG also sporting the same setup but with Goodyear Supercar 3 275/40/18

View attachment 767773

Now for the AP BBK setups.

@m_c_li on IG running the same setup with 275/40 Nexens but did a 10mm spacer, fender mod and upright mod an AP BBK.

View attachment 767763

Then below is a Falken 510 street tire in a 295/30/19 on a 19x10.5 but with AP BBK. I ran a small 5mm spacer up front to clear my upright and no spacer in the rear. No fender or upright mods. MPP no shim gang for the whole crew. The goal is to test out 305's as well in a RT660 with spacers to suit up front.

View attachment 767774

what offset are you running in the rears?

TIA

Generally a 10.5 with the amount of camber we run is going to be +30 to +35. It's hard for me to answer these questions without knowing your setup so I'm very gun shy to make a blanket statement.
What is the Upright mod? 10.5” are fine without anything on my car. I need 11” though & more worried about how they fit the rear. Front I can cut or something. Rear has more inner space than the +25 10.5” use.

What is the Upright mod? 10.5” are fine without anything on my car. I need 11” though & more worried about how they fit the rear. Front I can cut or something. Rear has more inner space than the +25 10.5” use.
Those who don't want to push out too far with spacers can shave the upright. The trick is finding a square setup that you can use in the front and the rear so you can rotate. That's why I have the offset I have. It's based on the front spacing limitation of the rear with the camber I have. You can run the 10.5 +25 but then the rear needs modification. I have done many hypergram fitments and am familiar with the mods needed in the rear. It's definitely better on a performance oem rotor. 11" +40 in the rear is ideal imo but up front it's way too much work imo.

10.5” +25 rear fits fine, I have 3P-w/ small MPP rotors. These wheels rotate just fine & tires wear even. Rear’s don’t even really need the camber for A7, maybe for the nexens.

…So 11” Koni have too low offsets(15) 😢
Maybe I’ll just run 1 more set of 295 A7 for hills this year and go for local ASP records

All I can find that seems ‘reasonable’ and I think could work are 11” TE37 w/ 30 offsets ($4k for a set though but $2k for tires)

Last edited:
Reactions: Theraven
10.5” +25 rear fits fine, I have 3P-w/ small MPP rotors. These wheels rotate just fine & tires wear even. Rear’s don’t even really need the camber for A7, maybe for the nexens.

…So 11” Koni have too low offsets(15) 😢
Maybe I’ll just run 1 more set of 295 A7 for hills this year and go for local ASP records

All I can find that seems ‘reasonable’ and I think could work are 11” TE37 w/ 30 offsets ($4k for a set though but $2k for tires)

That's interesting. Mind if I ask some questions? What is your ride height, hub to fender, and complete tire size? Are you running 295/35/18 with MPP rotors and no rubs? Can you share your rear camber settings and a photo? I am intrigued but the fact that you haven't had any clearance issues so just want to wrap my head around the whole picture.

Last edited:
That's interesting. Mind if I ask some questions? What is your ride height, hub to fender, and complete tire size? Are you running 295/35/18 with MPP rotors and no rubs? Can you share your rear camber settings and a photo? I am intrigued but the fact that you haven't had any clearance issues so just want to wrap my head around the whole picture.
I think my rear camber is about -3. I did all of my own alignment and had it checked once. It was -3,5/3.8 and I took a tiny bit out. Coils may have settled since I had the measurements done? Hub center to fender is 14 1/2”….this is the only picture I have on me. Car has 235RE on enkei currently, makes autocross closer in times w/ others 👍 more challenging. I spun this weekend even 🥳
Nexen 275 were tighter. I need to raise my car a little, my sway bar and front hits the ground in hill climbs
43D052C3-77F2-4C9A-B0D3-312272A6F45B.jpeg

Sur4g? on track or autox? what camber? I think we'd need to flip every two events to really get the life out. 4 events and mine are done on the outside edge. running -3.1 camber for two events and -3,7 for the other two.
Sur4G, Autocross (60+ second courses on mainly asphalt, small concrete section), stock camber, driven 99% on course I drove home on them once, maybe twice. I'm no alien but I did win my local non "pro" class, averaging 8th in PAX. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Zextraterrestrial
I think my rear camber is about -3. I did all of my own alignment and had it checked once. It was -3,5/3.8 and I took a tiny bit out. Coils may have settled since I had the measurements done? Hub center to fender is 14 1/2”….this is the only picture I have on me. Car has 235RE on enkei currently, makes autocross closer in times w/ others 👍 more challenging. I spun this weekend even 🥳
Nexen 275 were tighter. I need to raise my car a little, my sway bar and front hits the ground in hill climbs
View attachment 781021

You are running more camber in the rear than what I was expecting so this does make more sense. I'm basing my fitment information on around -2.7 front and -2.3 or so rear at which point we do have clearance issues. As for tires, I am also basing this info off a 295/35/18, 26.1"OD, or a 275/40/18, 26.7" OD. The 275 Sur4G is as wide as my 295 Falken 510 street tires in terms of section width. That may explain where the 10.5 +25 works better for you in the rear than it would for me. In my experience with the camber we need a 10.5 +30 to +35 would be ideal and not require fender mods.

Ya, the A7 are only 25.3” diameter and would probably work on your setup. nexen 275 only had issues in the front when I was at Laguna seca. Maybe because I had no front sway bar though? …They rolled my fenders a bit for me ;).
315A7 is my goal. Maybe Walmart fender bits and a saw. Gonna hurt to do that to a good 1/4 panel though

Hope this helps.

Stock Fenders/Stock P3D rotors

Falken 510 295/30/19
19x10 +25
Camber:
-2.5F
-2.0R
+6.0 caster
Toe
+0.00 front
+0.10 rear

TBH 10.5 +20 in the rear will require a good amount of camber no matter how you cut that pie. If you have factory front camber you're gonna end up around -1 at a lowered height. With that said I'd run the rear at the same or less. When I ran a 9.5 +22 with 265/40/18 NT01's I was super flush in the rear with -0.6 camber because I had stock front camber at -1. I just wanted to have less camber in the rear and always will.

10.5 +20 sticks out another 11mm more than my existing setup which already has camber and 295's which are slightly bulgy on the 10J. I'd say 275/30/19 might work at about -2.5 rear camber. I would say you must get FUCAs though. Just budget for it so your car rotates/shifts weight nicely, and looks proper. I don't think you'll be happy with the aesthetic if your front wheel has a lot less "tilt" than the rear wheel.

I also guess you won't be upgrading to 2 piece rotors in the future because then the whole fitment goes out the window.

In short, get some FUCA's and RUCA's you'll be all set.

When the suspension compresses in the rear it cambers in and is perfectly flush. There are no visible rubs at any point and this car has been pushed.
View attachment 653644View attachment 653639
19x10 et 30 rears? how much inner clearance do you have from the shock tower?

TIA

Ran the 18x10.5, +22 square setup for the first time this past weekend at an auto-x.

Tires are 275/35/18 nitto (I believe NT05s).

These tires are 1-1.2" in diameter smaller than OEM tires.

We had to roll the fronts, and will probably slightly roll the rears (think there was some rubbing on the rear fender liner, but will be confirming no actual rear fender contact this week).

I will likely lower the car another 1/2" after finishing the air cup kit, and will get another alignment/confirm specs then (haven't checked alignment since raising car 1/2" 6-9 months ago).

If I have an inch clearance between the edge of the front rotor and the barrel of the wheel, I should be good on running the 380mm (vs current 368mm) rotors, correct? (Running @MountainPass Stoptech kit.)

Thanks @MountainPass and local shop for rushing me brake parts, and enabling me to get the car back together in time for this weekend's event!

18_FrontBrake.jpg
18_SideProfile.PNG

You are running more camber in the rear than what I was expecting so this does make more sense. I'm basing my fitment information on around -2.7 front and -2.3 or so rear at which point we do have clearance issues. As for tires, I am also basing this info off a 295/35/18, 26.1"OD, or a 275/40/18, 26.7" OD. The 275 Sur4G is as wide as my 295 Falken 510 street tires in terms of section width. That may explain where the 10.5 +25 works better for you in the rear than it would for me. In my experience with the camber we need a 10.5 +30 to +35 would be ideal and not require fender mods.
this is my Nexen 275 tires on a new set of the 10.5" 18 Konigs. the front has MPP uppers and upper shock mount nuts(?not hats) tightened under load to try and get the most camber I could. I'm gonna get some of the UPP front 1/4 probably or cut this nice side and do something janky!? next A7 set I'd like 315s but I need to figure out wheels if anyone has suggestions, please share! & I think 19"s make more sense for those since they have a bit more tread width and are cheaper
...my 1/4 rolled itself at laguna seca with no front sway bar and these tires. A7 295 never touched even on bumpy hill climbs
IMG_4206.JPG
IMG_4208.JPG