Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The quest for wider wheels and tires, 295, 305 and beyond...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What rims are you running? I have the same tires on 9.5 and don't like the result in auto-x.
19x10 et35 MRR M600…

What don’t you like about them? In 2 events so far in less than ideal conditions I’ve been 3rd in raw and FTD. Seem to be doing just fine

FB43DFCC-4AC1-4416-AA18-E0C1ECC41992.jpeg

Reactions: Lindenwood
I spoke too soon. I used a Hunter laser alignment machine in a rush a few weeks back to get out to an AutoX event. As per usual, those machines are proving to be highly inaccurate. Manual measurements show my rear camber was only 2.2 degrees, not the 2.9 the lasers had shown.

So, I set them to the max-without-going-too-far of 3.2 and lo and behold - I think these puppies actually fit!

PXL_20220507_182215090.MP.jpg

I spoke too soon. I used a Hunter laser alignment machine in a rush a few weeks back to get out to an AutoX event. As per usual, those machines are proving to be highly inaccurate. Manual measurements show my rear camber was only 2.2 degrees, not the 2.9 the lasers had shown.

So, I set them to the max-without-going-too-far of 3.2 and lo and behold - I think these puppies actually fit!

View attachment 801595
I don't see how that can move up.

19x10 et35 MRR M600…

What don’t you like about them? In 2 events so far in less than ideal conditions I’ve been 3rd in raw and FTD. Seem to be doing just fine

View attachment 801559
I don't like the 275s on a 9.5 rim. I think they are a bit less stable and wearing more in the shoulder. I think the 275 likely just needs wider rim then I am using, otherwise the tires seem like they should be great.

This is why I think somewhere between an ET30 and ET35 would be the perfect square setup for our cars.
So, it sounds like if one doesn't want to run 3 degrees or more of rear camber, these ETs are still a good target to shoot for?

Anyone aware of 19x10.5 wheels by reputable manufacturers in that offset range that don't take months to ship and don't cost an arm and a leg? The cost/benefit winner offerings from Konig don't seem to come in those offsets. I see some ESR/Savini offerings, of which I know next to nothing, and couldn't even find their weights.

Bumping the price range up:
I see some JDM Enkei RS05RR +32 on ebay....
And then there's a "Shelby" forged CS21 +30 wheel. It's ugly, but in-stock.