TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The question on people's minds since the dawn of the EV...

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by SoCalGuy, Aug 22, 2018.

1. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

White seats or black seats?

As a newbie to Tesla's "vegan leather" I'm wondering really how prone to stains and dirt the white seats are, especially the blue jean factor since jeans and a t shirt are my daily uniform. Apologies in advance since I'm sure this must have been asked in the S and X fora before.

2. Swampgator

Swampgator Member

Search is your friend.

• Love x 1
  3. tracksyde

tracksyde Member

From what I recall, the white was pretty resilient to staining. But wasnt so good with blue denim transfer. But it sounded like it was easy to clean up as well (wipe wipes sounded like a solution for all your white interior woes).

That's what ultimately made me decide against white.. that and it not being an option at all when I placed my order :(

• Helpful x 1
  4. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

Yeah I really like the look and seemed more plush when I test drove the P3D. I just worry about it getting stained or being a dirt magnet

5. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

They collect the same amount of dirt as black seats, it's just more visible...

• Like x 1
  6. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

Yeah exactly my worry... I'd settle for just the white side door panels...

7. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Member

I've had my white seats for 2 weeks, and they're fine. I definitely will need to vacuum more frequently, but this car deserves an interior that's not just run of the mill black.

8. NickFie

NickFie Member

We've had our Dark Blue Metallic / White S100D for nearly 10 months now. Seats are spotless after:
    - Grease, mud and streaks of blood from an unplanned unpaved road excursion and return. AWD, Smart Air Suspension in highest setting, chill mode and slip start were impressive.
    - Coffee, sandwiches, fruit and other road trip refreshments in front.
    - Occasional make-up streaks.
    - Colorful ice cream, juice and snacks from the grandchildren who regularly use the back seat. My wife picks them (8, 8 and 5) up and babysits two afternoons a week. Also take one or two at a time on day-trips to DC and back.

All cleaned up with a damp micro-fiber cloth. I've resorted to Windex a few times. No marks remain.

Plus Weather-Tech floor mats.

Our attitude is, "We own the car, and it works for us. Not the other way around." Almost at 12,000 miles and it still looks great.

• Helpful x 1
  9. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

As was the general consensus in the 100 other "Oh my goodness I am a new Tesla buyer and am extremely concerned about the white seats" threads: White seats are super durable and stain resistant, don't worry.

Unless you genuinely like the look of black or cream seats, it would be a huge mistake to pass over the white.

My white seats look brand new after 10k miles. And I know for sure because I recently had two of my seats replaced, with no differences.

10. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Wish the white seats were available on the cheapie step child Long Range RWD version.

• Funny x 1
  11. Adam3

Adam3 Member

Interesting idea. I do like the alcantara but I wonder if that insert can be removed and wrapped.

12. nalang

nalang Member

Our 2.5 year old X has the white interior. It’s my wife's car and it’s always full of stuff anywhere there’s open space (it’s her second closet, her dental equipment, etc).

We got it when our toddler was a few months away from turning 2 years old. She’s now 4 and has had numerous spill accidents (food and drink) and climbs all over with her dirty shoes and hands (because I can seat myself now daddy, lol).

I always drive her X on the weekends and I’m also a jeans guy. The white seats have held up to this abuse and jean rubbing extremely well. No stains. No yellowing/discoloring. Dirt wipes off easily.

We have no regrets with this choice which is why I have it in my 3. It looks awesome and is virtually maintenance free.

• Helpful x 1
  13. Reid

Reid Member

Go with what you want, not with what you're less scared of.

Life is too short. This is why you buy a new car, to get what you want.

Had almost-white seats in my M3 that was 80k miles and 9 years old when I sold it. Seats were fine.

14. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Lies. There was no model 3 9 years ago.