TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

The Race For The Future Car

Discussion in 'Video' started by doug, Jan 14, 2009.

1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

#1 doug, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    YouTube - The Race For The Future Car (Martijn Kieft, VPRO Backlight)

Stumbled across this 50 minute documentary style video and thought I'd pass it on. The narration sounds like it's in Dutch or Flemish, but everyone else is speaking English. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, just skipped around. Tesla shows up at about 37 minutes in (and Fisker a couple minutes before that). The Tesla segment is about 10 minutes long, consisting mostly of an interview with Elon. He talks about the car and the company, and briefly touches on the hydrogen farce.

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Nice find, Doug!

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Great video.

Long and sometimes slow but really good. Did I say long?

Never heard about the death of electric car because of gasoline firetrucks saving lives. Seems dubious.

Very like-able "redneck" builders.

I perked up at the stat about half the cars sold by US makers are fleet cars. Another huge argument for All 200,00 Government vehicles for be mandated followed immediately by fleets. Each year the fleet size gets smaller.