Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The real purpose of the tri-motor Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't plan on towing. I'll be glad to have the ability if I need to.

I do plan on drag racing this pickup truck. What could be better than beating sports cars in a pickup truck? I can't wait to see their faces.
Quickness vs beauty JMO
This is over played at this point. Most are aware of how quick Tesla’s are but many still prefer driving a sports car on weekends than a sedan or truck for the beauty of the vehicle.
I’ve never had anyone come up to me and tell me how Beautiful my tesla performance version is however I’ve had countless encounters asking about the sports car I may be driving on a particular weekend.. 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: T3SLAROD
Yeah, having just done the trip from LA in a car with 325 miles of range, yet I had to stop TWICE for power I am beginning to seriously think about getting the TriMotor instead of the AWD I ordered. Wind and rain can limit your range.

I'll have to look around for a 14,000lb trailer now. Have we figured out if we can tow a 5th wheel yet?
The CT won’t be a 5th wheel towing machine, but you are correct the added range is the big benefit to the CT.

If you wanna tow a 5th wheel with a cybertruck, get one of these: Safety Towing Systems, Inc.. Pretty sure you don't ever wanna put a fifth wheel inside the bed of a cybertruck.
Not having ever towed a 5th wheel I GUESS that you say that because you cannot steer a 5th wheel into a parking space w/o hitting the body of the 5th on the edges of the bed? Is that really that common an issue? Don't most locations have pull thru sites?

Not having ever towed a 5th wheel I GUESS that you say that because you cannot steer a 5th wheel into a parking space w/o hitting the body of the 5th on the edges of the bed? Is that really that common an issue? Don't most locations have pull thru sites?
Not just the angle while turning. Those 5th wheel trailers are themselves wider than the bed of the pickup, so a lot of those trailers wouldn't clear the body even standing still.