Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

the real Tesla Model S killer made and used in China only

coolmanfever

Dec 1, 2019
toronto

1windy

Jul 27, 2014
suffolk
Tesla will really need to drastically change thier technology, quality and interior if they want to compete in future.

Someone said "easy pass", maybe now, and maybe because is made in China, but in 2-3 years we will see a lot of made in EU or US.
Get out of my head. LMAO

P100D_Me

Nov 12, 2018
Australia
Tesla will really need to drastically change thier technology, quality and interior if they want to compete in future.
And service issues, spare parts issues, the list is massive but unfortunately all their wrong doings are being rewarded still.

Reactions: AMPd

Bucfan11

Mar 12, 2020
Florida
I have a lot of stock in NIO but they do not make their batteries, CATL supplies them along with supplying BMW, Damiler and Tesla with batteries. If CATL develops a solid state battery it will be sold to everyone.

• Informative
Reactions: Dre78

SO16

Feb 25, 2016
MI
What do you guys think? Would you buy this car if it is on sale in North America market?

Biggest take away from the release presentation:
-ET7 will have 1000+ KM / 621 mile range
-addition of lidar system to hi def camera system
-better interior
-partner up with NVidia for FSD

NIO Reveals Stunning ET7 Flagship Sedan

NIO Partners with NVIDIA to Develop a New Generation of Automated Driving Electric Vehicles

No.

1. Range is overly inflated because they use the metrics known to be at least 30% high. NIO is rated using the NEDC metric which is far less accurate than the EPA rating.

“Generally, the NEDC is considered the least accurate of the three, while the EPA test offers the closest approximation to real-world results for American drivers.”

Electric Vehicle Range Testing: Understanding NEDC vs. WLTP vs. EPA

2. Their FSD computer specs are just marketing hype. If they are trying to have their FSD computer just display games, fine. But for this it’s just a waste.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

beatle

Aug 31, 2019
Springfield, VA
It takes several design queues from Tesla, though I do think the S and 3 look better from the outside. The inside is still a little sparse for me, but if Tesla sticks with their minimalist design interior, they could learn a thing or two about functionality from Nio. It's nice to have the IC behind the steering wheel, and the orb/pod thing in the center of the dash is interesting. It reminds me of the clock in the Taycan.

Of course this is moot right now since we can't buy it, but it's good to see that Tesla has some global competition.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC