Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

the real Tesla Model S killer made and used in China only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you guys think? Would you buy this car if it is on sale in North America market?

Biggest take away from the release presentation:
-ET7 will have 1000+ KM / 621 mile range
-addition of lidar system to hi def camera system
-better interior
-partner up with NVidia for FSD

NIO Reveals Stunning ET7 Flagship Sedan

NIO Partners with NVIDIA to Develop a New Generation of Automated Driving Electric Vehicles

No.

1. Range is overly inflated because they use the metrics known to be at least 30% high. NIO is rated using the NEDC metric which is far less accurate than the EPA rating.

“Generally, the NEDC is considered the least accurate of the three, while the EPA test offers the closest approximation to real-world results for American drivers.”

Electric Vehicle Range Testing: Understanding NEDC vs. WLTP vs. EPA

2. Their FSD computer specs are just marketing hype. If they are trying to have their FSD computer just display games, fine. But for this it’s just a waste.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

It takes several design queues from Tesla, though I do think the S and 3 look better from the outside. The inside is still a little sparse for me, but if Tesla sticks with their minimalist design interior, they could learn a thing or two about functionality from Nio. It's nice to have the IC behind the steering wheel, and the orb/pod thing in the center of the dash is interesting. It reminds me of the clock in the Taycan.

Of course this is moot right now since we can't buy it, but it's good to see that Tesla has some global competition.

Reactions: advocate8
Absolutely, positively will Never buy a car from the CCP, in fact if the MYP I have on oder now was built or had components from China I wouldn’t buy it .
Elon Musk only cares about Money 💰 thats why he sold out to Communist China 🇨🇳 and he’s now a big shot billionaire there.
He doesn’t care about human rights, persecution of Christians, Wuhan & the COVID viruses and lots more.
They continue to buy everything and everyone with money and eventually will rule the entire world. (Look at GM, Ford joint ventures & the Bidens)
I’m buying a Tesla from California; U.S made 🇺🇸 🙏

Saw a BYD at a FPL fast charging station the other day. It was on a tour around the US for display to potential dealers. Outside looked like post Soviet Chinese typical higher end car but the interior was nice indeed. More options are on the way. Some even from places people like to hate.

Absolutely, positively will Never buy a car from the CCP, in fact if the MYP I have on oder now was built or had components from China I wouldn’t buy it .
Elon Musk only cares about Money 💰 thats why he sold out to Communist China 🇨🇳 and he’s now a big shot billionaire there.
He doesn’t care about human rights, persecution of Christians, Wuhan & the COVID viruses and lots more.
They continue to buy everything and everyone with money and eventually will rule the entire world. (Look at GM, Ford joint ventures & the Bidens)
I’m buying a Tesla from California; U.S made 🇺🇸 🙏
I hope you don't have an LCD TV, a smartphone, tablet, laptop, AirPods, calculators... They are all assembled in China...

BTW, the servers that Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Apple TV, etc... are all assembled in China or use components made in China.

You should also look at where your boxers or briefs are also manufactured or when the cloth comes from.

Be careful, some of that California area you breath in, have smog particles of China that have floated across the Pacific Ocean. Better buy oxygen bottles, ohh wait, those are also main in China I think. Hopefully they don't fill oxygen in it from China.

:)

Reactions: advocate8
I hope you don't have an LCD TV, a smartphone, tablet, laptop, AirPods, calculators... They are all assembled in China...

BTW, the servers that Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Apple TV, etc... are all assembled in China or use components made in China.

You should also look at where your boxers or briefs are also manufactured or when the cloth comes from.

Be careful, some of that California area you breath in, have smog particles of China that have floated across the Pacific Ocean. Better buy oxygen bottles, ohh wait, those are also main in China I think. Hopefully they don't fill oxygen in it from China.

No doubt we’re to far gone ☹️ 🤷🏻‍♂️ China 🇨🇳 pretty much owns us now.. Sad.
But hopefully the hands that put the Teslas together in CA & Texas will be Americans. Most will continue to compromise, look the other way and don’t care but there will be accountability some day for all.

126651CC-F786-4D91-BE59-CC4616D0D9AA.jpeg