Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The rebirth of 933...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
65FC716B-4717-4570-81D9-7E3E907952D0.jpeg F5AF6461-CA9B-48FB-BBB3-30E6CC4BDCB9.jpeg I am the one currently buying 933, I’ll start a little rebuild thread here for those interested. Have big lofty plans with this car and am excited to get it rolling.

933 had some accident history, nothing major (in my opinion) but enough to send repair bills sky high and salvage it. So the title is branded salvage. However it’s a really nice car with a lot of great stuff going on.

Here is the plan:
My company has been innovating and selling Tesla performance and upgrades for a few years now. This Roadster will be my third one (only one at a time) personally but it will be the first one I plan to really develop new things on (not just Service/repairs like previously). The big goal is to address what I see as the largest weak points of Roadster viability long-term. The battery packs and PEMs; we are going to develop NEW components for both (not rebuild, new). Not just new and same tho, if we are doing this we are going to go new and better, push things forward and make the cars better.

Ohmmu performance spec goal; >300mi range and <3.0s 0-60 time

First steps;
Brake system upgrade;
2-piece rotors, 4-piston front calipers and 2-piston rear calipers, racing pads
Suspension upgrade;
Nitron set with adjustable dampening and height
Tires;
Toyo R888R in rear (track tires) and Neova (stock) tires in front. Same sizes
Cosmetics;
Repaint front and roof (they are absolutely horrible); then Paint Correction, some race/marketing branding and PPF shield all over

At this point it’ll be ready for phase 1, which is just get comfortable with tracking it and getting it involved in EV events where people will see it and get excited. Hopefully this results in some good marketing value for my company which results in additional revenue which will open up the funding channels for Phase 2 and 3.

Phase 2;
PEM
-New upgraded megapole boards; increase current handling capability by 30%
-Upgraded cooling; design new heat-sink plate with liquid cooling and add radiators where the current blower fans are. Possible* add another refrigerant/compressor system with heat exchanger at PEM heat-sink.

At this point the PEM will be capable of 30% power-boost, we will see how much more we can go... then more track events and promotion

Phase 3;
Battery pack
Develop new drop-in “track-pack” battery system. 65+ kWh capacity, 180Ah. Increased max pack output limit to 1,000A (hardware changes). Reduce weight >100lbs

At this point the entire vehicle will be capable of a 25-30% power boost over the 288kW stock... target is 360+kW output... motor cooling may have to be looked into at this point as well... without air ducting from bottom fans to PEM there will be a little space for more motor cooling...

Anyways, Phase 1 will be done within 30-days

I did a little more thorough inspection today and happy to say the CAC on 933 is 155 right now... when is last time a non-3.0 pack has been over 150?

Will try to update with photos of progress here, should be a lot of fun!!!

Looking forward to it! Keep us posted.

Oh, and please fix the PEM Fan connector, if you would?

You just want a different and more robust connector right? There is a daughter board in the PEM it mounts to and we can definitely look at a revision on that board and utilize a new connector, ideally one that fits the same cut-out in bottom of PEM.

Maybe late 2021 since it has no “performance” impact that we can use for the marketing stuff...

Reactions: gregd
Have the following on the way;

1. 2-piece 308mm rotors for front
2. 4-piston calipers with titanium pistons for front
3. Mounting brackets and spacers for the above and for moving the 2-piston front calipers to the rear.
4. Slotted 1-piece 308mm rotors for rear
5. Pagid RS42 pads
6. Toyo R888R for rears
7. Advan Neova for fronts (stock)
8. Nitron adjustable damper/height with 650lb springs

Going to take the wheels off next week and take them to my powder-coating guy along with all calipers.

Wheels will be white glossy and the calipers will be same color as body of the car

Bumper and roof will then go to same guy and get redone in correct color.

White wheels inspired by this Roadster in photo...

255D22DE-F462-421B-9139-A61155155E88.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice .. but 12 years on, I think everyone now knows 'Tesla' :D .. so maybe ditch the side stripe/logo

Oh, the wheels and white accents are the concept but I’m not advertising for them anymore, haha! The thought was my company logos on the side and OHMMU_racing in similar style as the lettering on this one...

I really need a more creative visionary to tell me what would look best tho!

See our logo at www.ohmmu.com to see what it look like if you wanna give me some better ideas!

Oh, the wheels and white accents are the concept but I’m not advertising for them anymore, haha! The thought was my company logos on the side and OHMMU_racing in similar style as the lettering on this one...

I really need a more creative visionary to tell me what would look best tho!

See our logo at www.ohmmu.com to see what it look like if you wanna give me some better ideas!

Maybe do the black portion in "White PPF" so the top of the car is White; would look amazing. Id Rather do the accents such as the lower strip in White PPF rather than the TESLA Racing Letters. Then the Bottom White Strip would match the top of the car in White.

Or check this one out; - Car Wrap - Josh-io

107734644_311035620033899_641370936652182060_n.jpg
110167051_297824088239709_3538871367349868488_n.jpg

Last edited:
Have the following on the way;

1. 2-piece 308mm rotors for front
2. 4-piston calipers with titanium pistons for front
3. Mounting brackets and spacers for the above and for moving the 2-piston front calipers to the rear.
4. Slotted 1-piece 308mm rotors for rear
5. Pagid RS42 pads
6. Toyo R888R for rears
7. Advan Neova for fronts (stock)
8. Nitron adjustable damper/height with 650lb springs

Going to take the wheels off next week and take them to my powder-coating guy along with all calipers.

Wheels will be white glossy and the calipers will be same color as body of the car

Bumper and roof will then go to same guy and get redone in correct color.

White wheels inspired by this Roadster in photo...

View attachment 586584
That pic - glacier blue with white wheels - is Vin# 956 - - Dana Brunetti's old roadster ... he did a great job with the mods to make it pop. The blue LEDs he added on the front lip also look really nice.

Attachments

• 1_Front lip rash.jpeg
    1_Front lip rash.jpeg
    301.7 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
That pic - glacier blue with white wheels - is Vin# 956 - - Dana Brunetti's old roadster ... he did a great job with the mods to make it pop. The blue LEDs he added on the front lip also look really nice.

yeah, 933 is actually parked right next to 956 right now, that was how my tiny-brain decided that would be a good look for it, haha!

Maybe do the black portion in "White PPF" so the top of the car is White; would look amazing. Id Rather do the accents such as the lower strip in White PPF rather than the TESLA Racing Letters. Then the Bottom White Strip would match the top of the car in White.

Or check this one out; - Car Wrap - Josh-io

View attachment 586724 View attachment 586725

I really like this but not sure how it would look in white/grey? But if I did this I’d move the logos to the rear upper sides (where it would be white)

Two-tone you think? So white and then another color strip down the center like that?

Couple new thoughts on the cosmetics after picking up 933 today and getting into the shop.

1. the little bit of white is probably too subtle for a race-track vehicle to show up well in photos
2. White wheels are gonna turn black pretty quick during a track day

So; new idea is to go with black/carbon for the front hood pieces, roof and then the top half and upright sides of the trunk deck. Logos on back two upright areas just behind doors (near where charge port is on driver side) and website across front bumper. Black glossy wheels and also a black/carbon section at bottom of sides of the car to protect from the track debris and brake dust onslaught... Like this but not all the way across the bumpers...

796A31A9-DCB0-46BB-A7EA-3DC0A5D09A49.jpeg

another thought is to do a full wrap in a “modern camo”; it’s Swiss military winter camouflage pattern. We had sweaters made in this pattern to send to some Kayak/fishing customers for our big format Group 31 batteries, here is a photo to get an idea of pattern; I think I’d do it the entire car over and then do black lettering and black logos and black wheels.

DD41DF7E-4965-41D5-85D3-B75ECF4ACE9C.jpeg

Last edited:
Got tires and Nitron suspension ready to go so far.

Also a couple of ideal range shots after charging it up to 95% and waiting for balancing to complete... will drive it down then do another full charge to calibrate then stop range charging for pretty much ever... looks really good to me as it is tho...

when we develop our battery pack this pack will be used to benchmark against but then ultimately not serve us that much purpose so we will likely end up selling it next year sometime, tho it’s a shame since it has Tesla warranty for 4+ years and 50K miles...

0AE0F42D-78FC-42AD-A025-9BDDC1CABDF4.jpeg
7CB3A03D-F2B0-48EA-A0CF-55B9F17E566E.jpeg
427DE82C-8FD3-4A05-B338-54D4D37B23E9.jpeg

Reactions: dhrivnak
Got tires and Nitron suspension ready to go so far.

Also a couple of ideal range shots after charging it up to 95% and waiting for balancing to complete... will drive it down then do another full charge to calibrate then stop range charging for pretty much ever... looks really good to me as it is tho...

when we develop our battery pack this pack will be used to benchmark against but then ultimately not serve us that much purpose so we will likely end up selling it next year sometime, tho it’s a shame since it has Tesla warranty for 4+ years and 50K miles...

View attachment 587325 View attachment 587326 View attachment 587327

How do you know all these aftermarket items work on the vehicle? What kind of rotors and calipers did you order? I'm sure you read here that the rotors for the roadster are pretty much custom made since it's 5 piece slotted bolts and front and rears are different sizes.