Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The rebirth of 933...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! Ohmmu Racing wheels are installed, huge weight savings! Total over 30lbs of unsprung weight reduction, and that’s with 1” wider rear wheels, wider rear tires (same R888R) and wider fronts and tires... plus I think it looks really good too!

36012EA9-6BDA-4011-B17F-1B5118FC1FEA.jpeg
5BD3FCEA-8473-4B1A-86FA-480260B4DFC7.jpeg
B75525C3-3FFE-4462-BCC4-2ADBB075B232.jpeg

Nice!

So, you are running 17x8.5 rears with 235/40-17, right? Your overall diameter on the rears are a bit smaller than stock. OEM is 24.9" and your diameter is nominally 24.4". You'll probably see slightly better acceleration due to this (as well as decreasing the unsprung weight), but a bit of decreased range due to the increase in rpm. I'm running 245/40 on 8" rims w/o any rubbing issues.

What size rims and tires are you running in the front? Do you know the weights of the bare rims front and rear?

Thanks,

Henry

Stellar work on the prep work. Did you get Nitron to revalve the shocks or just stick with S2 with fast road springs, I was close to getting organized with new shocks but the shock ‘expert’ said they would build them to my specification and accept no liability! That would make me the expert and while I’m educated enough to question they wouldn’t/ couldn’t give me any answers.

Stellar work on the prep work. Did you get Nitron to revalve the shocks or just stick with S2 with fast road springs, I was close to getting organized with new shocks but the shock ‘expert’ said they would build them to my specification and accept no liability! That would make me the expert and while I’m educated enough to question they wouldn’t/ couldn’t give me any answers.

They are the S2, but I scored a set of the Bilstein adjustables for the Roadster so now it has those installed, the Nitrons are extra and I’ll sell them soon.

Reactions: jason.tv
View attachment 586118 View attachment 586119 I am the one currently buying 933, I’ll start a little rebuild thread here for those interested. Have big lofty plans with this car and am excited to get it rolling.

933 had some accident history, nothing major (in my opinion) but enough to send repair bills sky high and salvage it. So the title is branded salvage. However it’s a really nice car with a lot of great stuff going on.

Here is the plan:
My company has been innovating and selling Tesla performance and upgrades for a few years now. This Roadster will be my third one (only one at a time) personally but it will be the first one I plan to really develop new things on (not just Service/repairs like previously). The big goal is to address what I see as the largest weak points of Roadster viability long-term. The battery packs and PEMs; we are going to develop NEW components for both (not rebuild, new). Not just new and same tho, if we are doing this we are going to go new and better, push things forward and make the cars better.

Ohmmu performance spec goal; >300mi range and <3.0s 0-60 time

First steps;
Brake system upgrade;
2-piece rotors, 4-piston front calipers and 2-piston rear calipers, racing pads
Suspension upgrade;
Nitron set with adjustable dampening and height
Tires;
Toyo R888R in rear (track tires) and Neova (stock) tires in front. Same sizes
Cosmetics;
Repaint front and roof (they are absolutely horrible); then Paint Correction, some race/marketing branding and PPF shield all over

At this point it’ll be ready for phase 1, which is just get comfortable with tracking it and getting it involved in EV events where people will see it and get excited. Hopefully this results in some good marketing value for my company which results in additional revenue which will open up the funding channels for Phase 2 and 3.

Phase 2;
PEM
-New upgraded megapole boards; increase current handling capability by 30%
-Upgraded cooling; design new heat-sink plate with liquid cooling and add radiators where the current blower fans are. Possible* add another refrigerant/compressor system with heat exchanger at PEM heat-sink.

At this point the PEM will be capable of 30% power-boost, we will see how much more we can go... then more track events and promotion

Phase 3;
Battery pack
Develop new drop-in “track-pack” battery system. 65+ kWh capacity, 180Ah. Increased max pack output limit to 1,000A (hardware changes). Reduce weight >100lbs

At this point the entire vehicle will be capable of a 25-30% power boost over the 288kW stock... target is 360+kW output... motor cooling may have to be looked into at this point as well... without air ducting from bottom fans to PEM there will be a little space for more motor cooling...

Anyways, Phase 1 will be done within 30-days

I did a little more thorough inspection today and happy to say the CAC on 933 is 155 right now... when is last time a non-3.0 pack has been over 150?

Will try to update with photos of progress here, should be a lot of fun!!!

Great Initiative! We are all looking forward to ensure and extend our roadsters life!

Not OEM, place in Hong Kong makes them for Lotus Elise/Exige. I actually like the way the Elise/Exige hard tops don’t cover the carbon fiber roll bar cover more than I like the OEM Tesla one that does...

we are considering importing them and selling here but probably not enough demand, tho it’s a beautiful top for sure!
definitely a different weave but it still looks really good together in my opinion.

it’s about $2K for the to
Phone number and part number or url for the carbon fibre hard top please. Thanks