Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The recent price drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have bought any other luxury EV.

Yes. I should sell the car and take an enormous loss because Tesla Corporation lied and sold me a hunk of junk then dropped the MSRP instead of fixing my car while stringing me along with lies... all in less than 30 days.

No way! Here's the deal. They will take this refund or I will be stuck with this unsafe car. If I am stuck with this car, I will be the biggest pain in their ass, everyday, for the next 5-8 years. They will not earn a penny from their lies. They will not sell me an unsafe, broken car. They will make it work and it will be perfect.

in fact, selling a car that doesn't work safely is unethical. Probably illegal. Advising me to shuffle this problem off onto other people rather than demanding Tesla be accountable is ~weird~ and not right. Why should I take the loss for their misrepresentations and faulty products? And how can I reasonably pawn this off onto someone else when I *know* there is a problem and the manufacturer cannot repair it.

I did not cause or create the problem. And recall - Tesla knew about this issue when they sold it to me and requested and had that industry data suppressed. Explicitly so as to not affect sales... while they pushed a fake 'discount'. This isn't good business - this reeks of fraud.

Also, fwiw. I am not over-extended buying this car... and if the requisite for not being over extended is veing able to immediately take huge losses because of things caused by the seller... then yeah, I guess most folks are over extened.

Cause that massive loss would be through no fault of my own. I have it insured. I intended to pay it off and own the title. But I don't feel safe in the car at night, I don't want to put passengers in it without the safety features and they can't operate correctly. Tell me - why should I eat this huge loss? How can I sell this car knowing what I know? And why shouldn't Tesla stand by their products and be made to make them work??

It doesn't add up. They should take my return and issue a refund and let me out of this nightmare trap. Unless that's just what Tesla buyers should have expected.... getting trapped in an unsafe, falsely advertised car!

As I said, from a personal standpoint your position seems logical (i dont know all of the details).
From a business standpoint, you are mixing your personal emotion with good decision.
From a business aspect, sometimes its more productive to take the short term loss and move forward for long term gain.
Sitting in a lobby and complaining to potential buyers about a car means you as a business owner are not out on the streets making money.

If you are adamant about your position, then do what many others on here have already advised and hire legal representation. Done.

I have no doubt that the recent price drop is very painful for many. I think it kind of sucks. We know that dealers mark up things but part of the Tesla appeal is that the scamming dealers have been removed from the equation, so the deal must be fair.

In the end, if you over paid a dealer at least you were helping normal people in your local economy, where-as with Tesla you also paid the 'dealer mark-up' but instead just paid one of the richest men on the planet.

One thing I would say that might make some feel better is that ALL used car prices are falling right now.

You might have paid more for your M-Y last month, you also might have gotten another $8K on your trade-in last month, if this applies to you.

GL.

PS. The recent price drops have definitely got me very interested in Tesla's again and I'm shopping for a used '22 Performance.

That does suck but you agreed to take delivery of the car even after they removed the $7,500 credit. Why? No one forced you to purchase a car.

The option was ok this car is still worth spending all this money and taking delivery even after they promised me $7,500 in credits.

Tesla drops their price and now it’s their fault you purchased a car at the price you did ? I don’t get it.
The reason I took delivery of the car is because I was going to buy the car before they gave the incentive. I wasn't buying the car because of the incentive. I don't believe that Tesla decide to drop the price in one day. I'm sure they new about the price reduction when I took delivery. If they didn't perform to deliver the car on December and give me the incentive, they should have been more careful. At least give me something to compensate. Again, it is not that I took delivery in October and then I was upset because they drop the price in January. There was a window of 10 days where the car was more expensive, and that is when Tesla decided to deliver the car. They should compensate me in someway...

The reason I took delivery of the car is because I was going to buy the car before they gave the incentive. I wasn't buying the car because of the incentive. I don't believe that Tesla decide to drop the price in one day. I'm sure they new about the price reduction when I took delivery. If they didn't perform to deliver the car on December and give me the incentive, they should have been more careful. At least give me something to compensate. Again, it is not that I took delivery in October and then I was upset because they drop the price in January. There was a window of 10 days where the car was more expensive, and that is when Tesla decided to deliver the car. They should compensate me in someway...
How much notice is "ok"? 1 week? 2 weeks? A month? 3 months? No matter what Tesla did someone was going to lose out. The fairest decision was to give no notice.

Tesla needs to get their act straight... Quality of $70k vehicle from tesla vs. Quality of non Tesla around $70k day and night difference... panels aligned, seats securely mounted, etc. Not to mention paying over $70k for performance calipers in Red/Yellow, etc. and getting a plastic cover is just scam.
Or paying $70k from another company and not getting a decent electric power train.

As I said, from a personal standpoint your position seems logical (i dont know all of the details).
From a business standpoint, you are mixing your personal emotion with good decision.
From a business aspect, sometimes its more productive to take the short term loss and move forward for long term gain.
Sitting in a lobby and complaining to potential buyers about a car means you as a business owner are not out on the streets making money.

If you are adamant about your position, then do what many others on here have already advised and hire legal representation. Done.
Op should just casually dissuade his riders from buying teslas. The challenge is how to do this while driving a Tesla

Reactions: TheareticalOne

Here's the issue with calculations on that one. A.) I am both a person and a business - but I am a person first. My personal emotions matter and the degree to which I am ruined dictates my emotional frustration.
B.) I didn't just overpay for this car. I had a P85D that was as good as sold at 42k until the price drops! I lost and lost and lost because Musk sold me on limited time discounts then bottomed out the MSRP right after.
C.) If I could get back out on the streets and earn money without headaches, issues and like... legit safety concerns... I would.

Nah, at this point - I'm just glad to have multiple income streams and family to fall back on. I'll find another way to earn, but the loss on this car will likely be the end of my Uber business.

Op should just casually dissuade his riders from buying teslas. The challenge is how to do this while driving a Tesla
*her riders. And I totally would, if I could drive without the car taking control and freaking out in weird ways.

Not to mention, I've been returning the rear screen and other aftermarket parts... not even out of the box... because there's just no point in moving forward with the car as is. I don't even drive it personally anymore. If it's even legal to sell it, I might try to do that if I exhaust all recourse and am still stuck with Elon Musks rejected love child in my garage.

Reactions: tonyz1
Here's the issue with calculations on that one. A.) I am both a person and a business - but I am a person first. My personal emotions matter and the degree to which I am ruined dictates my emotional frustration.
B.) I didn't just overpay for this car. I had a P85D that was as good as sold at 42k until the price drops! I lost and lost and lost because Musk sold me on limited time discounts then bottomed out the MSRP right after.
C.) If I could get back out on the streets and earn money without headaches, issues and like... legit safety concerns... I would.

Nah, at this point - I'm just glad to have multiple income streams and family to fall back on. I'll find another way to earn, but the loss on this car will likely be the end of my Uber business.

*her riders. And I totally would, if I could drive without the car taking control and freaking out in weird ways.

Not to mention, I've been returning the rear screen and other aftermarket parts... not even out of the box... because there's just no point in moving forward with the car as is. I don't even drive it personally anymore. If it's even legal to sell it, I might try to do that if I exhaust all recourse and am still stuck with Elon Musks rejected love child in my garage.
B- So how did the new owner feel that their S dropped to like 20k...will you pay them the 20k difference?

Reactions: enemji
Status
Not open for further replies.