Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The recent price drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just false. Many of those (including me) put a big down payment down on the car and did not get GAP. With the recent price drop, our vehicles' values have dropped tremendously. We are now driving a ticking time bomb that can be involved in an accident at any moment, totaled, and places us on the hook for paying the loan off.

So we actually did lose something.. our positive equity.
Drive carefully. Watch out for idiot drivers and especially watch out when you have a green traffic light 🚦 for idiots who are breaking the red light on the intersection

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Should have bought any other luxury EV.
Great! I am glad you are not over extended. Then sell the car and buy something that works for you so you can continue to drive value from your business and make money for your family.
Yes. I should sell the car and take an enormous loss because Tesla Corporation lied and sold me a hunk of junk then dropped the MSRP instead of fixing my car while stringing me along with lies... all in less than 30 days.

No way! Here's the deal. They will take this refund or I will be stuck with this unsafe car. If I am stuck with this car, I will be the biggest pain in their ass, everyday, for the next 5-8 years. They will not earn a penny from their lies. They will not sell me an unsafe, broken car. They will make it work and it will be perfect.

in fact, selling a car that doesn't work safely is unethical. Probably illegal. Advising me to shuffle this problem off onto other people rather than demanding Tesla be accountable is ~weird~ and not right. Why should I take the loss for their misrepresentations and faulty products? And how can I reasonably pawn this off onto someone else when I *know* there is a problem and the manufacturer cannot repair it.

I did not cause or create the problem. And recall - Tesla knew about this issue when they sold it to me and requested and had that industry data suppressed. Explicitly so as to not affect sales... while they pushed a fake 'discount'. This isn't good business - this reeks of fraud.

Also, fwiw. I am not over-extended buying this car... and if the requisite for not being over extended is veing able to immediately take huge losses because of things caused by the seller... then yeah, I guess most folks are over extened.

Cause that massive loss would be through no fault of my own. I have it insured. I intended to pay it off and own the title. But I don't feel safe in the car at night, I don't want to put passengers in it without the safety features and they can't operate correctly. Tell me - why should I eat this huge loss? How can I sell this car knowing what I know? And why shouldn't Tesla stand by their products and be made to make them work??

It doesn't add up. They should take my return and issue a refund and let me out of this nightmare trap. Unless that's just what Tesla buyers should have expected.... getting trapped in an unsafe, falsely advertised car!

Watch out for idiot drivers and especially watch out when you have a green traffic light 🚦 for idiots who are breaking the red light on the intersection
I narrowly avoided two of these in the past few months. Often my view is blocked when a big pickup truck is stopped beside me at a light. And sometimes another big pickup truck I cannot see charges through the red light. I don't know why it's always been big pickup trucks but we do have a lot of them here.

Reactions: enemji
You all laughing have no clue what you're talking about! Screw you and this toxic ass comminity.

My Model 3 LR isn't even safe to drive using 'autopilot' at night on the local interstates though. Tesla told me this vehicle was safer and had an improved 'sensor package' - but they lied. Right in the showroom in December. I don't even give AF about FSD, my car randomly accelerates and decelerate just using adaptive cruise control.

Worse? The service techs say there is a software fix coming but they can't give me an ETA. So, they admit the car doesn't function as advertised and sold to me. I knew FSD had issues... I didnt know it could even follow cars safely in traffic at night with cruise control. I am demanding a refund, in full.

I want out of this dysfunctional Tesla Family.

I did not pay 60k to buy into a beta test, I did not buy a 60k car thats been out for 5 yeaes only to be afraid to use it. The core driving and safety feature available on most modern cars are superior - my 2015 Model S functioned as it was supposed to. But it also had ultrasonics... not 'Tesla Vision'or whatever nonsense they are lying about.

Tesla has not answered me, but I am livid.

These price drops have TRAPPED me in this unsafe broken car with not ETA on a fix. I WAS planning on selling it... because I need a working car. but they screwed me by dropping the MSRP instead of fixing the car.

They should take a refund ASAP. I don't even want the thing registered in my name, I don't want to look at it! I promise - Tesla will not make a cent in profit off me if they force this crap sandwich down my throat. They will fix every. Little. Error. I will live in their service centers and showrooms for 8 years. I will do whatever it takes.

I've trusted Tesla for years. I sold my 2015 Model S to buy this 2023 Model 3 LR. And it's an absolute disappoint. A hunk of metal wasting away in my garage while Tesla tries to 'fix it'... this is NOT my fault

They know they can't fix it with the hardware as shipp3d. Tesla Corporate knew this in the 4Q of 2022 and suppressed the industry analysis so as to not affect sales. Explicitly. Then created a bogus discount while stopping all publishing of crash test data. When the truth came out, they dropped the MSRP 20% - and now they expect me to pay for their mistakes while my car doesn't function reliably or safely.

No. This is false advertising and fraud. Elon knew this junk 'sensor package' didnt work. That we he pushed 'discounts' falsely leading us to believe they had something to do with tax credits. Not to mention they over insured thousands of cars, knowingly. I don't trust Tesla and I will be the biggest problem customer for them - they will not prosper tricking me into being their debt slave. The ammount I put down on my Model 3 would buy it today... they utterly scammed me and have left me reeling and without a car I can use.

I want out of this nightmare. Now. But their corporate reps and attorneys haven't even responded to my demands for arbitration. They refuse a refund because they don't stand by their products.

They are leaving me here, screwed. I demand justice... if this car is so 'great' they can take it back and sell it to someone else who doesn't make a living driving on the interstates at night. Because this thing is a horror show. I can't use it and it's not my fault they misled me on the features, the price and now can't make it operate as they sold it to me.

All of this should be THEIR problem. I have no patience or understanding. I have no faith they are going to take care of me as a customer or do right by me. Every day I lose money, I am without a car and they cannot even tell me an ETA to get it working!

Take. This. Heap. Back!!
Wrong Forum, this is for the Y

But I don't feel safe in the car at night, I don't want to put passengers in it without the safety features and they can't operate correctly
I will admit the lack of resolution on Phantom braking two years after initial reports are frustrating and should be addressed immediately. Not sure why people are telling you to drive the car yourself when you should be able to use advertised features without the fear of a software malfunction putting you and your clients at risk. As said above, I highly recommend sending an arbitration agreement opt-out NOW if you intend to make hell within Tesla Legal. You'll go much further and likely have a fairer outcome with that outside of a closed-door arbitration provider (not legal advice). Tesla might end up offering to buy back to make the problem disappear rather than addressing the potential precedent that a lawsuit might entail in the public eye.

I will admit the lack of resolution on Phantom braking two years after initial reports are frustrating and should be addressed immediately. Not sure why people are telling you to drive the car yourself when you should be able to use advertised features without the fear of a software malfunction putting you and your clients at risk. As said above, I highly recommend sending an arbitration agreement opt-out NOW if you intend to make hell within Tesla Legal. You'll go much further and likely have a fairer outcome with that outside of a closed-door arbitration provider (not legal advice). Tesla might end up offering to buy back to make the problem disappear rather than addressing the potential precedent that a lawsuit might entail in the public eye.

I don't want a lawsuit. But I also don't want to be strong armed into an extended beta test. I did not sign up for this... I did not buy FSD, I bought a luxury EV that I was told could perform. If it's Tesla's position I should have known this car was unsafe, they better be willing to make me sign an NDA and take the return/buyback/whathaveyou because I will take that admission to the press. "Tesla says car not fixable today, disgruntled owner should have known car was broken before buying!"

Not to mention, they should be required to inform customers of the random accel and deceleration. The braking happenens at speed, often near onramps... the Acceleration happens in stop and go when it suddenly doesn't see a line of traffic in front of itself at dusk.

i was misled and then trapped and they know it. if they leave me trapped and they cant make the car work... I will argue it's by design. As is binding arbitration clause when the fraud is an a priori question. Because it sure as hell seems that way at rhe point Tesla corporate had third party analysis that the car as sold was insufficent. And they did this to a loyalist!

Telling me I should have to sell the car is telling me I should push Tesla's problem onto someone else. But it doesn't solve my problem. I just lose. Like I said, not sure if selling a vehicle I blieve to be unsafe js even legal? Geels wrong. I may be foolish in wanting to speak to their arbitrators, but my demands are not selfish or outlandish despite my anger and frustration. I just saw how Tesla has been treating their customers in China.

I want a refund within 30 days of purchase because the technology doesn't function as advertised and the manufacturer tells me there is no way to fix it currently. This isn't me being unreasonable - this is Tesla standing by their products. This is me being led along by Tesla to believe they could fix something they still can't fix and finally admitting its not right.

Like I said, I'll be in their showrooms and service centers constantly if not. Not just as means to cost them money and time, but because I am not going to stay quiet or accept a single issue, flaw or defect on the car. (As I shouldn't). Everytime I experience the issue I will report it and take it in. Every noise, rattle and glitch. And I have a long list already, I just *was* a loyalist... I *was* an investor.... I *was* an evangelist who helped sell Tesla's in the early days. I was willing to stay silent and accept small issues - fix them myself even... or tolerate delays in getting them fixed. This isn't a small issue and I was duped into silence and complacency long enough. If I have to drive this car and pay Tesla through the nose to be their little beta tester bitch girl, I might just get it wrapped in graphics saying, "thinking about buying a Tesla? Don't! They're utter poo and I got trapped in this one!!" With a picture of a woman trapped in a portopotty screaming "let me out!"

Idk. All I know is I can accept being wronged by someone else. I can't accept being wronged by a multibillion dollar corporation owned by the richest man in the world. I won't. Not this badly. He can make this right, or else he *needs* my money and the sale so badly he's trapping customers in a web of lies.

Sir, LOL, if you read some of my forum posts you will see I am definitively not a Tesla fan boi.

I just genuinely think the Ioniq 5 is hideous. I get the CyberPunk 2077 vibe, and okay, fine, it's different... but then it looks tiny and too low. Like a teenager who lowered their 2001 civic hatchback to within an inch of it's life.

I do think the Ioniq 6 is gorgeous. Reminds me of the sleek beauty and excitement when I saw the first Mercedes CLA concept ~10 years ago.

Fair enough. Looks of a car are definitely subjective. Although I'm not a huge fan of the IONIQ 5's design, I must admit that it has grown on me after seeing in person. It's actually a big car. I even had some reservations about the EV6 before, but that all changed when I saw it up close. Pictures are deceiving and very much so in my opinion for these particular cars.

The test drive really put a lot of perspective on how much tesla lacks in the department of ride comfort and interior cabin noise. Both the IONIQ 5 and EV6 made my wife's M3P feel like a Civic in comparison and that's without exaggeration. I appreciate many aspects of what tesla offers, but where it lacks are in the areas that should not have been over looked. (cost cutting)

For example, if you look at the front wheel wells of the M3P as you may know it lacks any sound deadening material and going back to the whole insult to injury tesla is famous for, tesla had the nerves to meme us with spraying on a pathetic thin and transparent layer of cotton/fiberglass material. If you remove the rear inside plastic panels you'll also see it void of any efforts of sound dampening.

The road noise in the Model 3 is horrendous, especially when driving over rough pavement on the hwy. Then there's the wind noise from the windows etc...

So speaking of Civics and adding to your mention of that, if anything the model 3 is the civic of the EVs for when it comes some important areas that lacks the basic luxuries that should exist in the entry level luxury class.

Reactions: woolymammoth17
I may be foolish in wanting to speak to their arbitrators, but my demands are not selfish or outlandish despite my anger and frustration.
I would recommend against this. Arbitration tends to favor corporations highly. If you want to risk it, you're welcome, but the arbitration is a final decision and cannot be appealed, typically. That binding arbitration agreement puts you out of a power position; it's why they have this clause, to begin with. (not legal advice)

Reactions: TheareticalOne
If I understand your issue correctly, and frankly it's a little hard to decipher with all the added "passion", you want cruise control with no braking events. Basically a legacy type cruise control with no bells/whistles unexpected events. We all would like to have this available and we don't at this time. IMHO you'll get nowhere with this - beta system. Just saying, but good luck again.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I don't want a lawsuit. But I also don't want to be strong armed into an extended beta test. I did not sign up for this... I did not buy FSD, I bought a luxury EV that I was told could perform. If it's Tesla's position I should have known this car was unsafe, they better be willing to make me sign an NDA and take the return/buyback/whathaveyou because I will take that admission to the press. "Tesla says car not fixable today, disgruntled owner should have known car was broken before buying!"

Not to mention, they should be required to inform customers of the random accel and deceleration. The braking happenens at speed, often near onramps... the Acceleration happens in stop and go when it suddenly doesn't see a line of traffic in front of itself at dusk.

i was misled and then trapped and they know it. if they leave me trapped and they cant make the car work... I will argue it's by design. As is binding arbitration clause when the fraud is an a priori question. Because it sure as hell seems that way at rhe point Tesla corporate had third party analysis that the car as sold was insufficent. And they did this to a loyalist!

Telling me I should have to sell the car is telling me I should push Tesla's problem onto someone else. But it doesn't solve my problem. I just lose. Like I said, not sure if selling a vehicle I blieve to be unsafe js even legal? Geels wrong. I may be foolish in wanting to speak to their arbitrators, but my demands are not selfish or outlandish despite my anger and frustration. I just saw how Tesla has been treating their customers in China.

I want a refund within 30 days of purchase because the technology doesn't function as advertised and the manufacturer tells me there is no way to fix it currently. This isn't me being unreasonable - this is Tesla standing by their products. This is me being led along by Tesla to believe they could fix something they still can't fix and finally admitting its not right.

Like I said, I'll be in their showrooms and service centers constantly if not. Not just as means to cost them money and time, but because I am not going to stay quiet or accept a single issue, flaw or defect on the car. (As I shouldn't). Everytime I experience the issue I will report it and take it in. Every noise, rattle and glitch. And I have a long list already, I just *was* a loyalist... I *was* an investor.... I *was* an evangelist who helped sell Tesla's in the early days. I was willing to stay silent and accept small issues - fix them myself even... or tolerate delays in getting them fixed. This isn't a small issue and I was duped into silence and complacency long enough. If I have to drive this car and pay Tesla through the nose to be their little beta tester bitch girl, I might just get it wrapped in graphics saying, "thinking about buying a Tesla? Don't! They're utter poo and I got trapped in this one!!" With a picture of a woman trapped in a portopotty screaming "let me out!"

Idk. All I know is I can accept being wronged by someone else. I can't accept being wronged by a multibillion dollar corporation owned by the richest man in the world. I won't. Not this badly. He can make this right, or else he *needs* my money and the sale so badly he's trapping customers in a web of lies.
Sorry but while your posts are Loooong they hardly have a simple definition of issue. In less than 3 paragraphs can you simply share what your issue Is? Junk and dangerous mean Nothing in context. What is your car not doing and what won’t they fix? Less is more and understand no matter how much “passion” you spew out few will care of there is no context.

This is my response to the recent price drops with Tesla.

Tesla,

Let me begin by expressing my complete disappointment and utter astonishment at the recent actions of Tesla Motor Corporation and the recent aggressive price cuts of its automobiles. In late September I purchased a Model Y performance for $77,440 plus tax and license totaling some $85,400 and of course waiting 3 months for delivery. Just before the year end I learned of the new price cuts, tax credits and free supercharging not to mention the less than one week delivery. If that wasn’t shocking enough and now just a couple months later I find out my car is only worth $65,380, the price at which I can buy the same vehicle today. If I knew this was coming I would have simply waited 3 months and saved nearing $15,000. I can’t even take advantage of the tax credits, supercharging or price breaks and now can never sell my car without taking a huge loss. Thanks for the immediate depreciation of my vehicle!!

As a read through on-line posts and social media, I’m certainly not the only one who is outraged by this action. I believe Tesla Motor Company should provide a rebate at some level to its clients who purchased a vehicle say within 6 months of this recent news. At the very least, Tesla should provide the free Supercharging offer and free full self-driving capability as this would cost Tesla essentially nothing. This would not in any way make me whole but at least it’s something other than the gut punch Tesla and Elon Musk just served up. It must be comforting for a Billionaire to make these rash decisions while hard working loyal customers like myself who support him have to just sit here and take it.

I expect a qualified response to this e-mail and not some “canned” cut and paste reply. This situation represents real money and is a valid concern by one of Tesla’s valued customers.
I’m in the same boat… just over 1300 miles on my new Model Y which I paid full price… is this how you treat new customers Tesla. I can never get anything close to what the value of a used car should be… this will be my first and last Tesla

Hey
Sorry but while your posts are Loooong they hardly have a simple definition of issue. In less than 3 paragraphs can you simply share what your issue Is? Junk and dangerous mean Nothing in context. What is your car not doing and what won’t they fix? Less is more and understand no matter how much “passion” you spew out few will care of there is no context.

*sigh* many words confuse.

My car randomly accelerates and brakes, it chimes and dings at nothing and disengages adaptive cruise control. It brakes and kicks out of 'autopilot' (marketing jargon for adaptive cruise control +lane assist) randomly but predominately at night. The Acceleration has been less random: in stop or go traffic at dusk. the vehicle will suddenly accelerate because it doesn't see a line of cars in front of it. If I wasn't manually braking, the vehicle would be a road hazard... no other car in the road I know of is struggling to use adaptive following this way. My 2015 Model S did not have this issue.

I did not sign up for a beta test. I did not buy FSD. This is the base feature, autopilot - and the same sensors are what the safety systems rely on. I owned a 2015 Model S, I know what autopilot is and what it isn't. This is NOT autopilot or what I was sold. I was told this Model 3 LR had an 'upgraded sensor package' and that it was safer than my 2015 Model S.

It is demonstrably not safer and the autopilot does not function as promised. It is not usable, especially at night, when I earn. I cannot have passengers in the car with an unsafe vehicle, or one that's freaking out or seemingly not under my control. Beyond that, I don't feel safe driving it. Maybe it's a lemon, maybe it's a systemic problem... IDK. All I know is I want them to take it back.

Tesla canceled my last service appointment after a tech insisted there would be a software update but that there was no ETA. He told me I knew what I was getting into when I bought it - which enraged me. That is a lie. I was told this vehicle was safe and that it had autopilot (adaptive cruise control) and the feature does not work as advertised NOR how it works in other Tesla products. They admit it's an issue - that it compromises safety - but are insisting I knew that somehow before driving it in various conditions... when Tesla Corporate was purposefully suppressing information from third parties about the hardware insufficiencies.

Tesla is lying today and cannot make my car work or deliver on the product they sold me in the show room. And rather than fix the problem after the new cameras and ultrasonics leak... they cut the MSRP 20%. They have harmed me and are selling cutrate products, but worse - they overcharged me egregiously and sold me on something that they knew was a lie at the time.

And they intend to do nothing about it. While sycophants laugh.

• Informative
Reactions: Happy Hippo
Sorry Sorry, three paragraphs.

Car no good. Car dangerous. Tesla lie. Tesla know. Tesla still lie. Tesla sell me dangerous, no good car. Call it discount. Bigger lie. Tesla no take refund because they know car broken. Tesla can't fix. Tesla shrug, say working on it. Then drop price instead of making work.

Refund now. Or refund later. Tesla no profit long from treating loyal customers like poo.

Status
Not open for further replies.