Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Report-Your-No-Problems Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since many users only post things when they have a problem (nothing wrong with that), it almost makes the cars seem problem prone.

Use this thread to report having few or no issues with your car.

We've had ours for 2.5 years (45K miles), and it's been relatively problem-free. The top glass got a crack (insurance paid all but $100 to have it replaced), and the upper control arms needed replacing (free). Other than that, smooth driving.
20200921_173757.jpg

2020 Model 3 Long Range with 48,XXX miles. No major issues.

Has been to service twice - once to replace the front windshield from a crack (road debris) and a second time due to the car not sleeping after a software update (car would not accept an OTA software push, so it had to go in).

Range fluctuates between 298-306 miles @ 100%.

2020 Perf. 2 years @ 29k miles. 275 wh/mi lifetime. Still on OEM tires with 5/32 tread left. 1 alignment, 3 tire rotations, 1 TSB for front control arms. New bumper and headlights after hitting road debris on freeway. 1 error with mobile connector that apparently self resolved. Road-trips to Vegas, and Lake Arrowhead no issues Supercharging. Intermittent rattling in drivers door since new but doesn’t bother me. Seats look new, wheels hardly get any brake dust. Steering and regen have gotten worse since last software update. In fact I think OTAs have generally made the car worse ironically. I didn’t expect the car to become the main family hauler. Hardly drive our X3 anymore unless we need the trunk space. I can see why the MY is so popular.

2021 Model S Long Range. ZERO PROBLEMS. Never been to service. 30,000 miles. Wifey's Model 3 also has 30,000 miles zero problems or service. These are not gas cars. There is nothing to service. Last Model S had 40,000 miles on it, no service ever, sold to my brother and now living in Ohio. The 3 is used primarily by my wife to go babysit the daughter's four boys. Previous Model S was sold with over 100,000 miles on it, also ZERO problems or service.

The S has tons of space for passengers or "stuff", and is our daily driver.

I do not count tire rotations or balancing, or the windshield wipers or fluid, etc. that I can do myself.

Reactions: Originalando
M3 SR+. Ten months in and it has been good. I had to take it in for service once shortly after I bought it. The frunk lid was a little out of kilter and It would leak a little bit if I would go through one of those high pressure touch less car washes. Also a buzzy rattle from the rear deck. Both issues were corrected by the service department. No complaints since. Loving the car.

My only issue (2022 MS delivered in February) has been when I took delivery I had to ask for the rear trunk divider, and also they failed to include my floor mats (I had brought all-weather mats with me to pickup so while I had them deliver the original mats to me later it was not a problem per se).

The car has been fantastic. Crazy fun to drive and feels like the future.

No major problems with car delivered July 3, 2018 and now just under 24K miles . From memory:
  • TPMS had to be reset since the yellow tire icon was constantly on from when I received the car
  • Internal SD card needed to be reformatted as firmware installs would fail
  • Driver side rear window out of alignment; window was tilted back and hitting against rear quarter window when door was closed (happened suddenly, cause unknown)
  • Charge port door target fell out (the little parallelogram part) some time back; finally bought replacement from Sunnyvale Service about a month and a half ago
  • Replaced charge port deadfronts and perform front upper control arm seal per service bulletins; still need to have the rear harness recall performed but I've not had any problems with the rear camera (knock on wood)
Other "service" items performed but really part of normal wear-and-tear:
  • Replaced two rear tires with factory MXM4s after one was punctured for a second time at 13K miles and not fixable
  • Replaced 3 year old cabin air filters with free TEMAI ones
  • Proactive replacement of almost 4 year old 12V battery as I'm taking an 800 mile trip next week and wanted some peace-of-mind
  • Several gallons of windshield washer solution; currently trying out Rain-X Bug Removal brand after using generic blue stuff from O'Reilly Auto Parts

I've had my M3 LR since October of 2020. Only two minor problems so far (not counting the one where a friend backed into my M3 and did $9000 worth of damage, which was certainly not Tesla's fault.
Anyway, the 2 small problems were a camera cable that came loose causing the left front fender camera to stop working. Mobil service came and fixed it in less than 20 minutes. The second problem was that a piece of interior trim on the post between the driver's door and the rear door came loose. I took it to a service center and they fixed it in less than 30 minutes.

Almost four years with over 75,000 miles on my Performance model 3. Charge port was replaced under warranty (wouldn't always open when it was supposed to), and creaking upper control arms on front suspension just replaced at no cost (goodwill by Tesla). Otherwise, the car has been trouble free and a joy to drive. I still turn around to look at it when walking away from it like it was a new car.

2020 LR-AWD with 16,000 miles, I've had it 25 months and I drive in a climate where we have snow 4-5 months per year. Car was perfect when I picked it up. I have never had to get service for any reason. Car is still great. No creaks or rattles. Paint is still looking great. No complaints at all.

Use this thread to report having few or no issues with your car.

2020 M3 SR+ bought used at about 10k miles from Tesla in Las Vegas this April, drove it home to Omaha. 15k miles now, not a single problem.

Said goodbye to my 2020 Bolt Premier as soon as we got home from Vegas (GM bought it back due to the battery recall). Don’t miss the Bolt (ok, maybe a little, my wife’s commute is 2 miles. Might look for a cheap Bolt someday to replace her leased Civic).

Attachments

• 38A6246D-F6D4-457A-B046-3043AD1D9BDD.jpeg
    38A6246D-F6D4-457A-B046-3043AD1D9BDD.jpeg
    634.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 601B95EA-3A74-4354-9372-D528D0F59BA6.jpeg
    601B95EA-3A74-4354-9372-D528D0F59BA6.jpeg
    610.2 KB · Views: 45
The Supercharging network is awesome! I did not anticipate just how valuable it'd be. I set ABRP for more frequent stops than the car requires because bladder. All the Supercharger locations seem to have pit stops.

One time, the car's rear motor and HV fuse failed on the freeway. Fortunately the A/C kept working in the 100°F heat. Tesla's contracted tow truck driver Sean was so great. He streamed comedy shows while driving us 200 miles to the service center.

It makes me happy to drive on electricity and to watch the EV transition in progress. 🌈