Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Resource Angle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting interview with OneD Battery Sciences CEO discussing their Sianode silicone graphite additive.

I'm glad that video was posted, I was going to post it myself.

It is an alternative way of adding Silicone to the Anode. It isn't as cheap as Tesla Battery Day solution but it may result in batteries with better performance and longevity. There are offsetting cost savings such as needing less Lithium... which probably help close the gap.

The mention several OEM are actively evaluating the product and are likely to invest to help them ramp production. I hope Tesla are one of the OEMs, this is at worst a solid Plan B, As he mentions DBE there is a good chance Tesla is involved.

• Helpful
Reactions: RabidYak
Article in Forbes on Nano One:

• Informative
Reactions: ZeApelido and JRP3
Update:

and the satisfaction of other customary closing conditions, and is expected to occur in the third quarter of 2021. Following the completion of the business combination, the combined entity will be renamed “TMC the metals company Inc.” (“The Metals Company” or “TMC”) and is expected to begin trading on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbol “TMC”.

I mean C'MON, how can we not invest in TMC? ;)

I suspect that the meme stock crowd is driving some of the unexplained single day swings. They talk publicly on Reddit and other places and most of it's drivel. Even though it's illegal, I think there is some sort of private forum for people who are vetted to be known quantities and have some real money to invest. I think they are seeking out ripe targets, a bunch of them buy in at once which starts a rally among the unwitting who don't want to be left out. Then when the stock goes up a bit, they sell out and walk away leaving those who jumped on board to their own devices.

Unexplained ups and downs have always happened in the markets, so it's not the meme stock crowd entirely, but it seems to be getting more common.

I highly recommend everyone check out this "battery brunch" monthly event.

Very informative. I've done this several times now. You basically are put into small rooms to network with professionals in the industry, then can join large industry-focused rooms around certain topics where there's a discussion leader facilitating a group convo. Then there's a bunch of job postings, followed by more networking.

They have a free slack channel as well. It's nice. American Battery Technology Company is pretty active on here.

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3
Phillips 66 to buy 16% of Novonix.

Purchase price is a bit below the Friday close price, but I'm guessing was locked in a while ago. Novonix has been going up as of late.

This seems bullish for Novonix. From the article: "Phillips said Novonix is currently increasing capacity at Chattanooga to produce 10,000 metric tons of synthetic graphite a year by 2023, adding that its investment will support a capacity expansion of another 30,000 metric tons a year by 2025."

Investment to triple capacity just as demand is hitting the steep part of the S curve seems like good timing to me.

Reactions: Chenkers and JRP3
ABML has been getting pushed down lately but it's popped 30% today.
PDAC spac completed the merger with Li-Cycle to become LICY

I was wondering what was happening with ABML. It was a winner in my portfolio for many months, then went into the red about a month ago. It's back up now.

The oil stocks I inherited are beginning to come back. They have been the biggest winners the last few days. A few are almost to a point where I can sell them which will bring in some money to reinvest in future tech and future resources.

It looks pretty clear there is going to be at least one infrastructure bill which will go into a lot of new tech as well as fixing the roads and bridges. Being invested in anything that will benefit from infrastructure improvements will probably pay off.

Frontier Lithium LITOF up 11% today on production announcement

UK investing:
Low concentrate brine from what I can see.

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3 and MP3Mike