Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Rest of Us...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TrickyDimitri

Soon...very soon.
Apr 20, 2016
NC
I see all these posts online about what is wrong with the M3. Odd interior, no gauges, no HUD, no interior door handle (LOL). Meanwhile, I'm sitting here practically wetting myself with excitement every time I see a new photo posted. I giggle like it is my first time at Disney World, and eagerly await another photo of the M3 in the wild like an addict waiting for a fix. I don't care that the interior is minimal, in fact I think it looks amazing. I crave a new experience, and if I wanted something that reminds me of another car then I would be buying a Bolt, or a Leaf, not a Tesla. I CAN'T WAIT!

I didn't like the idea of not having an instrument set behind the steering wheel at first, but I've already become accustomed to the Model 3 layout and it doesn't bother me anymore. I do hope they offer different trims other than the wood one we have seen, but otherwise I think it looks great inside and out and I wouldn't mind having a Model 3 myself for my regular highway trips I do for work. Good efficiency + AP in a smaller package than my non-AP S P85 might be a compelling combo for my regular interstate travel.

Yep, the forum can be a harsh place... every little panel gap gets closely scrutinized here! I am going to venture a guess that people who buy fancy cars are a bit hyper critical and OCD by nature, it just goes with the territory. The Model 3 will be an amazing car, just like every other Tesla, and there will be some things you don't like, just like every other car.

Yep, the forum can be a harsh place... every little panel gap gets closely scrutinized here! I am going to venture a guess that people who buy fancy cars are a bit hyper critical and OCD by nature, it just goes with the territory. The Model 3 will be an amazing car, just like every other Tesla, and there will be some things you don't like, just like every other car.

You know on one hand that's true it can be a harsh place, but on the other it seems it can be over forgiving (if you're an M3 designer) as well. For every, often valid, criticism there appears to be a wall of defenders to beat down the opposing view.

Sometimes I read these forums, and I just think that the general Tesla population is not going to be very friendly to those of us who couldn't afford to just say we would get a new Model S/X, Audi,or Jaguar if we don't like the M3. I drive a Prius for god's sake! LOL. I am saving money like crazy just to afford M3 with some basic upgrades. Everything I see in M3 photos is already luxury by comparison.

Expectations are high for this car. It's going to be highly scrutinized, especially in a forum like this. In the end, most people who reserved it will be happy (or at the very least, amicable) with the product, and will have a long range electric vehicle with good performance without having to drive around in something that looks like a clown car (apologies to Prius and Leaf owners).

I see all these posts online about what is wrong with the M3. Odd interior, no gauges, no HUD, no interior door handle (LOL). Meanwhile, I'm sitting here practically wetting myself with excitement every time I see a new photo posted. I giggle like it is my first time at Disney World, and eagerly await another photo of the M3 in the wild like an addict waiting for a fix. I don't care that the interior is minimal, in fact I think it looks amazing. I crave a new experience, and if I wanted something that reminds me of another car then I would be buying a Bolt, or a Leaf, not a Tesla. I CAN'T WAIT!
I've never been to Disney World. Can you explain what this giggling phenomenon is like?

Sometimes I read these forums, and I just think that the general Tesla population is not going to be very friendly to those of us who couldn't afford to just say we would get a new Model S/X, Audi,or Jaguar if we don't like the M3. I drive a Prius for god's sake! LOL. I am saving money like crazy just to afford M3 with some basic upgrades. Everything I see in M3 photos is already luxury by comparison.
Give it a year and they'll be outnumbered.

Reactions: TrickyDimitri

Attachments

• IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 55

It's a combination of two things:

1. On the internet, negative feelings are more likely to result in postings than positive ones. Even in ordinary life, when you're upset about something you complain. When you're happy you just enjoy.

2. We're all so desperate to get this car that we study and pick over every picture, every scrap of information. And since we all think we could have made better decisions, we post them. I want an instrument cluster directly in front of me. That doesn't mean I won't love the car when it comes. (Providing it's not too big. I really would have preferred a car a little smaller than my old 1989 Honda Civic. I loved the size of my old Zap Xebra.)

I would say, don't take the negative comments too much to heart. We're all as excited as you are. We're all just coping with impatience in our own way.

Reactions: insaneoctane
Tesla's silence certainly does not help the people who are all hyper to get this car, the 400,000+ of them....

It better have a CCS port or adapter!

Their silence creates anticipation. After the long wait, the car is going to be either a terrible disappointment (extremely unlikely) or the best thing since sliced bread (far more likely, unless you don't like sliced bread). :)

It's a combination of two things:

1. On the internet, negative feelings are more likely to result in postings than positive ones. Even in ordinary life, when you're upset about something you complain. When you're happy you just enjoy.

2. We're all so desperate to get this car that we study and pick over every picture, every scrap of information. And since we all think we could have made better decisions, we post them. I want an instrument cluster directly in front of me. That doesn't mean I won't love the car when it comes. (Providing it's not too big. I really would have preferred a car a little smaller than my old 1989 Honda Civic. I loved the size of my old Zap Xebra.)

I would say, don't take the negative comments too much to heart. We're all as excited as you are. We're all just coping with impatience in our own way.
I have both talked about wetting myself and used a Richard Simmons photo to describe my excitement, so I would say I'm not taking anything too seriously. LOL? I do hope the S/X owners don't snub the M3 masses though. We just want to belong...

Disney is lame as hell.

Yeah, well so is wine country! ;)

(Jaded locals are everywhere! :p)

I agree, very excited and like most of what I see, and the rest I can certainly live with. I just REALLY hope this circus train arrives at its terminal next month because it's been a LONG year and a half! Of course, waiting for deliveries will probably feel :mad: even longer.