Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The return of #483

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been a long journey for Roadster #483 since I bought her in November 2015 with 110,000 (!) miles.

1.jpg

Donald, the previous owner, took incredible care of her. Which was a relief, since I bought her with not much more information than the picture you see above. :)

Unfortunately—three months after getting her, a pickup truck slammed into her on the left, and pushed her into a parked car on the right. Chilton Auto Body had to replace half the carbon fiber body panels, and repaint the entire car. She was unrecognizable during the repair:

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

But six months and $25,000 later, she came out looking brand new.

Since then, I added a hardtop and some other upgrades. Most notable was a vinyl design based on the Tag Heuer Roadster. The work was done by Film Werkz in San Jose. Daniel there is amazing.

So, one year after becoming her owner, here she is.

IMG_8797 hdr.jpg
IMG_8798 hdr.jpg
IMG_8800 hdr.jpg
IMG_8806 hdr.jpg
IMG_8819 hdr.jpg
IMG_8821 hdr.jpg
IMG_8840 hdr.jpg

Last September (2015), I met the owner in Delaware, NJ or MD while my car was charging at a Supercharger, and he was about to hit 100K miles.
Very nice man, hope he was able to find another car as fun and durable.

Really think the graphics and touches of color you have added are stunning.
Hope you enjoy driving it after its Rebirth.

Sometimes great things are born by what some my see as obstacles.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Last September (2015), I met the owner in Delaware, NJ or MD while my car was charging at a Supercharger, and he was about to hit 100K miles.
Very nice man, hope he was able to find another car as fun and durable.

Really think the graphics and touches of color you have added are stunning.
Hope you enjoy driving it after its Rebirth.

Sometimes great things are born by what some my see as obstacles.
Wow, you met him. That's awesome. He did find another great car—a Model S. :)

This looks excellent! What a fantastic way to keep 483 alive and turning heads even more! I'm thrilled she was revived after that accident. The skeleton photo without body panels was upsetting to see, but the result made up for it tenfold.

The more Roadsters over 100,000 miles that stay on the road, the happier I am! :)