TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The right loan for the amount borrowed

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Keith909man, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Keith909man

Keith909man Member

Hello. Looking for advice on what banks/credit unions is currently the best for model S/X dollar amount. I’ve had a model S I bought using Alliant credit union for a loan amount of $83k back in 2017. Recently sold that car and looking to replace with a new S or X for around the same amount being financed. I loved Alliant Credit unit but a friend had told me they no longer fund Tesla loans?... what do you recommend now? Located in OR btw

2. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

They just funded one for me a month ago. Have you talked to them?

3. quickstrike12

quickstrike12 Member

I’ve talked with them(Alliant) they have my current MS loan. At the time they gave me 1.9% because they had some deal or partnership I think with Tesla. but now they will still fund a Tesla loan it’s just at the normal new car rate of 3.5 or something if I recall. It changes a bit weekly of course. I haven’t been able to find any “deals” with anyone lately to get a low enough APR to make me give up my current loan

4. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

True, those previous deals are hard to come buy these days. I had 0.99 on my last Tesla, not that great this time for sure. lol

5. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Someone on the forum created an online tool that parses lending institutions and shows their current rates in real time. A search should turn it up and I guess it's still working.

6. PDX_Magesh

PDX_Magesh Member

FWIW, I'm from OR & used Kinecta Credit Union for a loan rate of 2.89%. They were the lowest, that would service me. I think there were a couple on the east coast or south east, but you had to be resident in those states.

PM for contact details if you need Kinecta rep details.

7. Mbrockus

Mbrockus Member

For my recent X purchase I initially was approved via Tesla financing but then noticed that my old credit union Delta Community was offering a much better rate. I applied with the credit union, got approved and then found out that Tesla Financing will rate match. Submitted my approval letter from the credit union and my loan through Tesla (Well Fargo) is at the much better rate. Went from 3.5 down to 2.6 APR. that also made delivery a much easier process without having to coordinate between the bank and Tesla.

• Like x 2
  8. AW9nineteen

AW9nineteen Member

Tesla rate matches?

9. r1200gs4ok

r1200gs4ok Active Member

I'm in California.......any good rates here.......820+ credit score and 0 debt.....looking at 45-50k loan

10. Mbrockus

Mbrockus Member

11. AW9nineteen

AW9nineteen Member

Dang, would have rather used them and not my credit union who I may use for this next car. Good to know though, thanks!

12. poppabear

poppabear Member

I just got approval on my model Y for 1.75% from Koolau FCU for 60 month loan. Best rate for good credit is 2.5% - 0.5% (green car discount) - 0.25%(use AutoPay).

I ordered on Jan. 20, 2020, but still in drafting contract mode for the last two months. I hope I get it before approval expires in 45 days..