Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The right loan for the amount borrowed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. Looking for advice on what banks/credit unions is currently the best for model S/X dollar amount. I’ve had a model S I bought using Alliant credit union for a loan amount of $83k back in 2017. Recently sold that car and looking to replace with a new S or X for around the same amount being financed. I loved Alliant Credit unit but a friend had told me they no longer fund Tesla loans?... what do you recommend now? Located in OR btw

I’ve talked with them(Alliant) they have my current MS loan. At the time they gave me 1.9% because they had some deal or partnership I think with Tesla. but now they will still fund a Tesla loan it’s just at the normal new car rate of 3.5 or something if I recall. It changes a bit weekly of course. I haven’t been able to find any “deals” with anyone lately to get a low enough APR to make me give up my current loan

FWIW, I'm from OR & used Kinecta Credit Union for a loan rate of 2.89%. They were the lowest, that would service me. I think there were a couple on the east coast or south east, but you had to be resident in those states.

PM for contact details if you need Kinecta rep details.

For my recent X purchase I initially was approved via Tesla financing but then noticed that my old credit union Delta Community was offering a much better rate. I applied with the credit union, got approved and then found out that Tesla Financing will rate match. Submitted my approval letter from the credit union and my loan through Tesla (Well Fargo) is at the much better rate. Went from 3.5 down to 2.6 APR. that also made delivery a much easier process without having to coordinate between the bank and Tesla.

I just got approval on my model Y for 1.75% from Koolau FCU for 60 month loan. Best rate for good credit is 2.5% - 0.5% (green car discount) - 0.25%(use AutoPay).

I ordered on Jan. 20, 2020, but still in drafting contract mode for the last two months. I hope I get it before approval expires in 45 days..